Author Topic: Welcome Battlezone Fans!  (Read 32608 times)

Huscar

• View Profile
    • Tiberian Battles website
Re: Welcome Battlezone Fans!
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2005, 09:41:30 AM »
Yes, turrets might spin the craft just as well as the turret. Explaining a lot about hovercrafts and deployable turrets.
http://www.freewebs.com/hec2/Home.htm
Translations here. Just started with it though so kinda empty.

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2005, 01:28:26 PM »
I always felt that the Golem and Sasqatch were 'faking' it as far as walking goes in BZ1.  Hit one with a thumper or jump one off of a cliff and it was more like they were filled with helium than made of metal...  The same thing holds true of AssTanks and RocketTanks in BZ2.  Very strange physics...

As an explanation, I feel they're just short of hovering due to the anti-gravitic nature of biometal.  The Treads and Legs aren't so much supporting huge weights as allowing them to move without dragging...  In short, they ARE hovering, just not enough.  :)

This means that biometal above a certain mass can no longer hover, but it's not like it loses all anti-gravitic properties.  That makes the Chinese Heavy Tank, and possibly the elusive Black Dog Mammoth Tank, the largest hovering units humans are capable of making.  :)

-Av-

Soldier

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2005, 08:11:14 PM »
lol yeah the golem was abit over the top when it -flew- XD but my digs arnt done yet :P ok ISDF / NSDF put aside, the Scions! why the hell did they give up the almighty -FURY- for the pathetic weapons they now have? i mean the furys were just monsters XD i loved em so much...........till they turned on me and reduced my base to ashes! but yeah, the Fury technology dissapeared without a trace, including their homing missiles that sounded like a lawnmower or Swarm of Bees (i think it had a name similar to one of those). So yeah! ISDF/NSDF changes accounted for ^_^ anyone wanna shed light on the abandonment of the Furies?, cuz even though they wanted to detach from them its still too strong a technology to just abandon.

Also wanna explain the removal of the Thumper? that was such a usefull weapon

And finally! the levels on BZ2 are far smaller than the levels on BZ1 which made you really feel like you were on a distant planet, but that may just be because they were our un-populated planets in comparison to BZ2's once inhabited/alive planets.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 08:18:53 PM by Soldier »

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2005, 08:10:04 AM »
The Scions didn't 'abandon' the Furies, they're a different method of blending humans and biometal.

Furies were Biometal ships given organic components through the DNA of aggressive humans.  This turned them into cold blooded monsters.

Scions are humans given Biometal parts, and while this changes them subtly they are still human.

And yes, I miss the 'old' WASPs, and the Thumper, but WASPS have been reborn even though the Thumper doesn't work in the BZ2 engine. 

As for map size, BZ2 actually lets you make much larger maps than anyone would want to play on, so I'm happy there...

-Av-

Spawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2005, 01:54:02 PM »
look at lizards map, site-b

Soldier

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2005, 04:43:45 PM »
ah ok thanks ^__^, now i only wish more people played online >.< im stuck with annoying people who make rules that they decide to break and then kick me cuz they broke the rule O.o or do i need another update inorder to find everyone? ( i did update to 1.2 or whatever)

Spawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2005, 04:50:55 PM »
come to fe :D
should be a game up around now...

Soldier

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2005, 06:07:18 PM »
yeah i got to play a game.....with yet more 14 year olds who whine about having rules and then go and intentionally break em >.<

"Dont attack scavs"

Ok

>>10 minutes later all MY scavs are under attack<<

lol im so tired of it >.< do any of you guys play anymore? or like i asked before! new patch needed? (although i think i may have the wrong post for this :( sorry)

Spawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2005, 06:50:31 PM »
install 1.2 and fe, 1.2 is a patch and fe is a mod.
its all compatiable and fe has a seperate launcher

Soldier

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2005, 07:04:53 PM »
FE???? use words not abreviations ^_^" cuz i dunno what FE is

Spawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2005, 07:05:51 PM »
fe=forgotten enemies

Huscar

• View Profile
    • Tiberian Battles website
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2005, 06:05:45 AM »
Wait till this comes out and there will be so many players out there all playing the same that you'll have no prob finding one that you like
http://www.freewebs.com/hec2/Home.htm
Translations here. Just started with it though so kinda empty.

Fishbone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DuneCommand
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2005, 12:24:45 PM »
Re: do you guys play anymore?

Well, most of the people on this board are modders. so while we are testing our mods (and playing them) we are not usually found in 'normal' stock or FE games.
If you want to get into test games, you might want to try and sign up for some beta testing.
Or try to join a decent clan. They have good 'no quitter' games on usually. BAC or RIP are good examples of clans to consider.

Spawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2005, 12:40:57 PM »
fish plays, its generally to help testing and for me to show him what i broke :P
he aint that good, but at least he is out of the relay

Fishbone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DuneCommand
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2005, 02:39:24 PM »
hey, I enjoy hanging out in the relay. there is no cold wind and you get a free supply of coffee from the foxy assistant :)