Author Topic: Battlezone1998 [bz1 1.5]  (Read 4873 times)

GBGDeception84

• View Profile
Battlezone1998 [bz1 1.5]
« on: November 06, 2012, 07:26:38 PM »
this game is still alive and active. download from <link removed> and experiance all old times =]. im looking forward in seeing you all stopping by. my name is golem in all the games i play.

our site: Link removed.

our forums Link removed.

happy gaming, golem
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:54:03 AM by AHadley »

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
Re: Battlezone1998 [bz1 1.5]
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 10:29:59 AM »
I do recommend this game to anyone who likes good, old, nostalgic games.

Just try it!

*****General BlackDragon*****

GBGDeception84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 09:17:56 PM »
yep pretty epic game.. even for the fact that the ai's are WAY  improved =P

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 01:37:45 AM »
I'm sorry but we can't have that link here.  That site offers a download of the full game Battlezone (PC), which is illegal.  To my knowledge, this site is on the same server BZU was, and BZU had a big issue with the owners of the server hardware threatening to shut the site down due to such links.

For the general safety of the site, I have to remove the links.  I must also note that I do not support piracy, you guys should work to get an actual letter of permission for distribution.  Remember, there is actually no such thing as 'abandon-ware'.

Please don't post such links publicly, it threatens the site.  Get a letter of permission or have the owner of that site get a letter of permission or otherwise find legal precedent that can be argued and its problem solved, but for now, I have to remove those links.

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Arbystrider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 04:46:59 AM »
Dude, the guy just said you can't have those links here. We can see you edited your post.

Take them off now.

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 07:56:22 AM »
Battlezone 1 is still under copyright law; redistributing it in any form without permission is illegal.

This site is hosted on a server that previously threatened to have BZU removed for links to the very site you are linking to now. Since then, both BZU and BZ2MD have removed links to it.

You have already received one fair warning from a senior staff member. This is your second. Add the links again and you will receive a one-week ban for linking to illegal content. Re-offend after that and I will permaban you.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:57:22 AM by AHadley »

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 09:26:38 PM »
just say bz1.net, or somehow not make it a link, and it won't be detected by most searches stupid companies perform.

*****General BlackDragon*****

GBGDeception84

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 07:37:37 PM »
cool story bro, but really you mad?

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 10:47:15 AM »

We are trying to keep this site on the internet, we are not censoring it because we can or due to some kind of old animosity. We try to maintain neutrality as much as we can; links are removed because they must be.

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 04:09:59 PM »

Actually, this is the fault of the users of that site.  They pulled such things (reports to the server host of owning content in BzE) to get links to BzE removed from Battlezone Universe.  As a result, any links to either BzE or Spock's BZ1 made the server host issue warnings and threats to disable the site.  Basically, it you guys hurt yourselves.  As a result, no site hosted on the same same server as BZU was, such as this one, will ever link to either of those two options (unless documented proof of legality can be so linked or included with the link).  Dx is too much of a twit to reproduce his legal permission again so BzE can't be linked.  Spock doesn't have legal permission and is committing an act of piracy (arr maties) and thus cannot be linked either.

Ya guys shot yourselves in the foot.

Click on the image...
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

GBGDeception84

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 05:35:10 PM »
soo what if i posted a link of my site i made for all bz communities? still piracy

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 08:11:05 PM »
soo what if i posted a link of my site i made for all bz communities? still piracy

You are more than welcome to link to your site, so long as it does not host illegal content.

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 08:16:48 PM »
If you do not offer "warez"then linking is fine of course.

Click on the image...