Author Topic: Modellers apply within  (Read 3839 times)

TheJamsh

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
Modellers apply within
« on: November 04, 2008, 10:31:42 AM »
Im looking for experienced good modellers for Serenesis mod. I have a partial list of some of the things im going ot be needing in the future. i have a couple on the team (Warfreak and NK1) but both are always very busy and have little time to work on this for me.

I just want to start out by saying that ill consider any request, if possible, please post some screenies of previous work youve done so i know im getting the right guy/girl.

Ill forewarn you however, ill be needing A LOT of models. the list .pdf file is barely halfway through one race and is a few megs already. Hopefully it'll give you all a bit of a challenge as well as im doing a lot of things no one has before.

One more thing, if i happen to like youre work and you wish to make some models for moi, please dont go broadcasting what it is youre making anywhere else. I want Serenesis to be as quiet as possible, and i dont want ANY information about whats going in leaking out into the public domain until the very far future, also because of this, i wont be giving any copies of the mods assets/files out to anyone, but you will be on the Beta testing list when things get to that stage.

Thankyou to anyone who wants to assist. :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 01:52:09 PM by TheJamsh »

Click Me!

JonathanS

• BZ2 Fanatic
  • Hidden Enemies Director
    • View Profile
    • Jonathan's World
Re: LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED MODELLERS
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 10:35:35 AM »
Hey!

Hope things go well for your mod. I just wanted to post and tell you to not hold your breath. :D I'm not being mean, just honest. I posted something like this in the beginning of H.E.'s development five years ago. I wound up doing my own models until my Brother Timothy decided to take a shot at them.

Modelers are the hardest thing to find in the BZ modding field. Having Nielk1 on your staff is already a better advantage then some. Probably want to start learning with Milkshape 3D or Blender...just in case. :)

Good luck on your mod! Look forward to some screenies.
JonathanS

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 12:59:25 PM »
I intend to learn to model, BBB tells me it's fairly easy... I'm not so sure though :(

Wish I was a modeller, mate, even if only to get in on the action, but if you ever need a mapper, you know where to go :P

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 01:22:15 PM »
You know I am always here, as shown by your credits.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 01:23:02 PM by nielk1 »

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

VSMIT

• Factions
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Resident Mac Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 02:46:50 PM »
@AHadley: When I learned to model, all I did was mess around in GMAX.  I tried out other modelers, but I preferred the MAX interface.  Try out different programs to find the one you like.

VSMIT.

IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 04:05:59 PM »
3dsmax is by far the best available modelling tool for bz2.

If you are willing to spend a few pennys I highly recommend it.

And after I have finished my current mod, I would be more than happy to fill some time and do a bunch of models for you.

VSMIT

• Factions
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Resident Mac Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 06:15:39 PM »
Once I get my PC back, I can help, too.

VSMIT.

TheJamsh

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 04:27:29 AM »
thats great thanks guys, let me know when you can do it :)

Click Me!

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 11:17:53 AM »
I'm learning slowly, but I'm sure I'll be there soon.