Author Topic: Modelling Software  (Read 5156 times)

k00kev

• View Profile
Re: Modelling Software
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 05:13:12 PM »
Actually, its relatively simple so long as you know how to write out the coordinates and the specifications of animation. Its with skin animation that things get hairy, as only notepad can do it. You have to define the weights, the vertex packets and the animation data of the anchor. The mid being the hardest of them all.

So basically, turrets and walkers easy, morphing warriors and scouts not so much?

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 05:40:50 AM »
all ISDF stuff easy.

Vertex animation, i.e. Scions and PILOTS not so easy.

If it's just model piece A moving, or rotating, easy as setting XYZ position and/or rotation on keyframeX.

*****General BlackDragon*****

k00kev

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 01:13:58 PM »
all ISDF stuff easy.

If it's just model piece A moving, or rotating, easy as setting XYZ position and/or rotation on keyframeX.

Fair enough. I've been wondering about that, since I've been wanting to make custom turrets.

desertdog

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 12:06:26 PM »
all ISDF stuff easy.

Fair enough. I've been wondering about that, since I've been wanting to make custom turrets.

You can do most of your models in Truespace 7.61 Beta 8 on the Truespace 6.6 modelside. Also, if you haven't already got it there is a 3rd party X exporter plugin called TrueX5.tsx on my moldeling forum for members. The plugin once
installed will export a usable ASCII text based X format that 3DEX can convert to XSI fro BZII. Texture and animation data is exported as well.

I used it recently to get my first working ISDF Walker in to the game. As you already mentioned TS is pretty friggin easy to use and you can do just about everthing except Scion type SI morph envelope animations.