Author Topic: Been quiet  (Read 11241 times)

Commando

• View Profile
Re: Been quiet
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 05:54:52 PM »
I understand that, I've lost interest, for the most part too.  Just learned to associate bz2 with disappointment, which has completely eliminated its fun factor.  Hopefully he is just taking a break or has lost interest.  None of the {BZ} guys are around anymore, for example MowerMan, so I don't know if we would hear from anyone close to AV, if something did happen.
1.3 beta tester (honorary lead tester)
1.3 contributor
Dune Command beta tester
Dune Command contributor
Flesh Storm beta tester
Flesh Storm contributor
Author of the 1.3 Modlog

desertdog

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 05:55:03 AM »
I understand that, I've lost interest, for the most part too.  Just learned to associate bz2 with disappointment, which has completely eliminated its fun factor.  Hopefully he is just taking a break or has lost interest.  None of the {BZ} guys are around anymore, for example MowerMan, so I don't know if we would hear from anyone close to AV, if something did happen.

My interst is passive nowadays. Too many people feel some twisted compulsion to control other BZ members way too much on these forums. Avatar, is probably just fine and will pop up again someday. I keep posting stuff for new members as the old ones all seem to be slowly drifting away from the game itself.

I figure even Mates and Miller will eventually lose interest too and only a few die hard BZ fans will be the only support left. I plan to keep my modeling forum as active as I can. I figure it'll stay open until Freeforum.org see's no real activity on the forum and eventually shut it down due to lack of active members. Most of the current BZ users ingnore the modeling forum, so that indicates that not many people are modding for BZ anymore certaintly not enough for me to keep it going much longer. I can't even post on Mates forum anymore because I loth the site and just got tired of being pushed around like a patzy and just told Natan to kiss my behind bye bye.

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 01:42:04 PM »
First of all, thanks for the concern over my well-being...  just always remember that I'm a tough old campaigner with a nuc'lar powered cane and am almost impossible to kill off.  :)  So, some updates:

My health is good, now that I've figured out what's going on with the irregular/rapid heartbeat/fainting/weakness thing I had going last year.  Let me tell you, getting old is only marginally better than the alternative at times...   :P   I have something wrong with my spine between the shoulder blades that's causing strange muscle contractions in my chest, at times crowding my heart.  It's not life threatening and although the scans have shown nothing identifiable my Chiropractor has been able to put me right.   I haven't had any issues in about six months and that's the goal...

Mentally I'm exhausted.   I do work in Administration in the USPS and we're going through some massive and serious changes.  We've (I've) done more work in the last six months than in the ten years before that.  Redesigning the Post Office almost from the ground up is a huge undertaking.  It wasn't long ago that we were the largest employer in the world, not counting the US Armed Forces as a whole (we were still larger than any one branch).  I only work with one part of one State, too...  the guys at HQ are literally working themselves to death with all of what's going on.  In fact, depending on what Congress does, I may very well be retired many years before I wanted to be...   it'll all depend on how the next year rolls out.

Mod wise...   now first of all GBD is fully capable of doing anything in BZ.  I'm convinced of that, with the main thing that holds him back being his total dedication to perfection.   If he were willing to accept 95% perfect he'd kick out 100% more product.   :)   LOL....

Also, to me it's never really been a Mod...  it's my hobby and something of a compulsion.   It'll never really be done and it'll never go away...   I actually played a little BZC about a month ago when I couldn't sleep one night.   Like slipping on an old tshirt, or hearing an old song, it just seems to be a part of me that'll never stop being comfortable and enjoyable.

Now, I'm waaaaay behind on the patch status, and a little fuzzy on where I left off, and have virtually no free time lately, but the compulsion is still there.  I'm glad to hear GBD had MP DLL's working, and if all he needs is the SP mission assets and scripting I'm pretty sure it won't take much to finish that part up.  As always I can't forsee, or promise, what I'll be able to do and when, but I WILL try...  that's all I can say on it. 

Just remember what I've always said...  BZ gets in your blood and stays there.  Even the guys that left think about it from time to time, I guarantee you...    I'll never be 'done' with it.  Ever.

-Av-

Commando

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 07:27:57 PM »
It's good to see nothing bad has happened to you.  You aren't missing anything in the patch department.  GSH added code that allows for looping animations for any object class, except deployable classes, I think.  Other than that, there isn't anything that I know of that affects BZC.  Have you made any progress since your beta 4(?) release?  You were going to release the next build, but never did and that was several years ago.
1.3 beta tester (honorary lead tester)
1.3 contributor
Dune Command beta tester
Dune Command contributor
Flesh Storm beta tester
Flesh Storm contributor
Author of the 1.3 Modlog

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 10:41:10 PM »
Thank god.

*****General BlackDragon*****

desertdog

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 12:00:55 PM »
We all had a feeling that real life was a part of your apparent diappearance from the forums. Welcome back and let us know if you need some help getting BZC back up to speed. I've been spenting a lot of time on my own modeling forum posting BZII tutorials and mastering the use of Caligari's old Truespace modeling software. Slaor's work on the Forgotten Enemies project inspired me to learn how to use Truespace for BZII. I even have started making animated models like Mech Walker's, and modifying BZII unit ODF's to do things they were not designed to do originally. I'm also glad that your health is back up to speed again.  Too much work and not enough play is a real stresser. BNG aka desertdog.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:03:58 PM by desertdog »

Fishbone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DuneCommand
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 06:36:40 PM »
Glad your feeling good Avatar.
I have to agree, BZ never leaves.
That's why I want to keep BZ2MD alive. It's not my top priority obviously, as the desolate state of the site shows, but at least its still up and running...

bigbadbogie

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 05:22:15 AM »
Hmm... I bought a few things that were delivered by USPS last year... small world... (or large corporation).

Glad to see that you are still around (alive!) Av!!!!

It is certainly true that BZ is going to last forever. I will still be playing (and probably modding) it in 60 years time when I am living in a nursing home.

@Commando: I can hardly believe that anyone can truly lose interest in BZ. You might get bored with it from time to time... so take a break, do something else, and when you return later on the thrill will return once more I assure you.

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 11:51:07 AM »
@All, Remember BBB is in Australia so encountering USPS is actually rare.

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 05:05:57 AM »
@All, Remember BBB is in Australia so encountering USPS is actually rare.

Yes indeed. Never heard of them beforehand.

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2012, 04:54:46 PM »
*pokes*

Hey, DLL Bases are approaching done, I think i've run out of new features to add...

Where's Avatar?

Ideamaker1440

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 07:40:21 AM »
Wow this place is still going miracles do happen lol, I haven't been here in what 3 years I think, hows BZ classic coming along is it released yet I remember waiting for Avatar to post news, I see there's a few new mods here in the list looks like I will be brushing the dust of my copy of BZ2 and loading it up, time to go for a trip down memory lane destination scion base lol.
If actions are stronger than words, than why is the pen mightier then the sword.
Hell is hot or cold??

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »
:( I miss my Avatar...

Joe Capricorn

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2012, 12:34:49 AM »
You should get his phone number and call him lots of times like an obsessive girlfriend.

:p

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 09:56:50 AM »
LOL...

Would be nice though, to call and make sure everything's alright...