Author Topic: Been quiet  (Read 11242 times)

Commando

• View Profile
Been quiet
« on: October 09, 2011, 09:03:34 PM »
Has anyone seen Avatar lately?  He hasn't been on Nathan's site since the 30th of July.  Hopefully everything is ok, since he isn't usually away for that long, as far as I am aware.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:51:32 PM by Commando »
1.3 beta tester (honorary lead tester)
1.3 contributor
Dune Command beta tester
Dune Command contributor
Flesh Storm beta tester
Flesh Storm contributor
Author of the 1.3 Modlog

Rocket

• BZ2 Fanatic
  • Never judge an enemy by the size of the radar blip
    • View Profile
Re: Been quite
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 11:16:02 PM »
True. I sure hope he's okay...

It's pretty funny how people worry more about how Avatar is than most anybody else.... But its understandable since a lot of people are continuously awaiting BZC's release :D

But Avatar is like an old faithful friend who comes round here.... hmm, he's sort of like a grandpa to the bz2 community in a way.
-- Hidden Defenders Mod Leader
-- Lordtac's RV Contributor.
-- ARC Mod Contributor

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 03:23:08 AM »
The last contact I had from Avatar was an email on 8-15-11.

:-/ he doesn't usually take this long to reply. I'm worried too. I've sent about 6-10 emails and a few PM's since 8-15, but no replies yet...

I hope I hear from him soon...

*****General BlackDragon*****

desertdog

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 07:15:24 AM »
Real life probably has him hopping around madly just like the rest of us all. Ever since the closing of BZU I think quite a few people have taken up other interests. Mates forum is pretty flat nowadays. I lost interest a while back and have yet found a valid reason to post much there anymore. Avatar? Olly olly all come free.   

Commando

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 03:19:26 AM »
Wow, with the lack of any form of an update, I'm going to assume BZC is dead.  Hopefully the lack of any Avatar sights doesn't mean something bad has happened to him.
1.3 contributor
Dune Command beta tester
Dune Command contributor
Flesh Storm beta tester
Flesh Storm contributor
Author of the 1.3 Modlog

Clavin12

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 10:23:10 AM »
...He hasn't been on Nathan's site since the 30th of July...

Speaking of which, the links at the top of the page need updating.

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 10:53:53 AM »
Wow, with the lack of any form of an update, I'm going to assume BZC is dead.  Hopefully the lack of any Avatar sights doesn't mean something bad has happened to him.

It's not, and I hope it hasn't.

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 11:00:48 AM »
Don't worry, I won't let the mod die. I've been working on the MP DLLs for 2 months, and they're working nicely now.

I'm going to go ahead and throw this out there...

If we haven't heard from Avatar in a few more months, I'm going to assume the worst and begin working on fixing the existing NSDF Campaign, and then creating the CCA campaign from scratch. Estimated time for those would be ~ 6 months by myself. Though it won't have any of his new "hard" setting stuff, which sounded neat. (No idea what it was, just ...more resiliant ai i think, maybe a few tweaks)

I hope we hear from him too. If we don't ever hear from him again, the initial BZC release will still happen. I may be capable of doing TRO too, if doing the CCA campaign doesn't make my head hurt too much. But his "Extended" and "Ancients" campaigns will pretty much be gone. I only have a handfull of meshes of his ancient's stuff, without his source assets for that, I can't do anything in that regard.

And it'd suck if Avatar doesn't return soon, cause I was looking forward to the Extended and Ancients campaigns, A lot. (Especially Ancients)
These boards better never go down either, cause they contain all reference to those two campaigns in the form of Avatar's "Story Time".
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:04:27 AM by General BlackDragon »

*****General BlackDragon*****

Commando

• View Profile
Re: Been quiet
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 07:53:02 PM »
By dead, I mean Avatar's version as this mod is technically Avatar's baby.  It's been three months and two days since he's even logged into bz2md.  Hopefully he's just insanely busy and nothing bad had happened.  Who knows, he could have just "lost interest" like another community member considering the timeframe since he was last online.
1.3 contributor
Dune Command beta tester
Dune Command contributor
Flesh Storm beta tester
Flesh Storm contributor
Author of the 1.3 Modlog

Commando

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 01:16:51 PM »
Wow, still nothing.  I wonder if Avatar lost interest in bz2 like GreenHeart has.
1.3 contributor
Dune Command beta tester
Dune Command contributor
Flesh Storm beta tester
Flesh Storm contributor
Author of the 1.3 Modlog

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 05:42:40 PM »
Given how much he's put into it I don't think that's likely... which unfortunately makes it more likely to be something worse :/

Commando

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 12:36:08 AM »
Well, I sent a PM to Avatar as did a few community members.  Hopefully we get a response to indicate Avatar is ok.  I could care less about the mod.
1.3 contributor
Dune Command beta tester
Dune Command contributor
Flesh Storm beta tester
Flesh Storm contributor
Author of the 1.3 Modlog

desertdog

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 10:25:32 AM »
Well, I sent a PM to Avatar as did a few community members.  Hopefully we get a response to indicate Avatar is ok.  I could care less about the mod.

I'll bet that real life has just placed BZII on the low end of his priorities. Still, it would be nice to get a holler form Avatar again some day. Avatar? We miss you and hope that everything is going okay. Regards, from all of us.

Commando

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 11:07:18 AM »
The fact that he hasn't even logged in once, in a five month time span, has several of us concerned.  Hopefully that isn't an indication that something bad has happened to Avatar.
1.3 contributor
Dune Command beta tester
Dune Command contributor
Flesh Storm beta tester
Flesh Storm contributor
Author of the 1.3 Modlog

desertdog

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 11:33:01 AM »
The fact that he hasn't even logged in once, in a five month time span, has several of us concerned.  Hopefully that isn't an indication that something bad has happened to Avatar.

I prefer to see things in a bit more positive light. If something bad had happened we'd all know already it through someone in the community close to Avatar. It may very well turn out that he just lost interest in BZ itself. He may have also just got fed up with all the BS on BZU and Mates forum like I did. I remember on BZU when I PM'ed him about closing my account because of all of the harassment I was receiving; he told me not to let other's members drive me away. He apparently understood and acknowledge it was an issue. Maybe he just decided to call it quits for now and move on to more important things. Avatar's, one of the few BZ members with a truly good nature even when I criticized him on several occasions. He will be missed by me and those who play and mod for BZ. Don't be surprized if someday he pops in just to say hello.