Author Topic: Fleshstorm for PB6  (Read 5565 times)

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
Fleshstorm for PB6
« on: March 05, 2011, 02:33:26 PM »
Quote from: AHadley
Seeing as nobody else around here seems to be doing it, I am beginning the process of updating Fleshstorm 1 to function correctly on PB6. This will no doubt be much easier than updating something like Forgotten Enemies (thankfully), but may be a significant task and take some time. I've already fixed one AV caused by the legal screens (which I can't explain as no such things existed before PB6).

I shall start work properly tomorrow morning and shall upload it once I have finished. Feedback will be much appreciated.

The new version of Fleshstorm will include the work Commando did in the unofficial patches, and may also include some of my own extras.
Quote from: Katrina Cooke
The Cerberi. Fate's cruel and heartless practical joke on humanity. And this? This is the punchline.

M4BHoward

• View Profile
Re: Fleshstorm for PB6
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 08:51:17 PM »
Is there anything I can do to help? Fixing AVs is a little out of my scope, but I can do simple things (like dxtbz2 gen.)

Is there anything left that a noob modder can help with? INF files maybe? :D
Every Noob has his day... :D

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 03:35:15 AM »
I ran DXTGen straight after fixing the crash on trying to load the legal screens, sorry :P

I'm currently running through the singleplayer campaign to ensure it plays out correctly. If it doesn't, I'm screwed, since I don't have the source .bzs files anyway :lol:
The Cerberi. Fate's cruel and heartless practical joke on humanity. And this? This is the punchline.

M4BHoward

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 09:48:14 PM »
Okee dokee.  Tell me if you've got any other mods to convert: I need the experience! :D

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 05:43:51 PM »
Quick progress update.

Fleshstorm now works on PB6 as far as one guy can tell. All that is left to do now is optimisations (briefings, voice overs, and possibly cutscenes) before I can release something for the public to break.

This is the part you all get to join in on.

The following people are needed:

- Somebody who can run FS1 and Fraps at the same time with a decent framerate (unlike me) and decent resolution. Should be able to contact me on MSN or similar, and have a creative and imaginative mind.

- Voice actor for Lt. Harker. Only needs a few lines recording once I've scripted the part out.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 05:48:44 PM by AHadley »

M4BHoward

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 05:38:06 PM »
I can run BZ2 with Fraps at about 30 FPS while recording... provided there aren't too many effects going on. (e.g., particle effects for QF. :P) I've only got the free version, but I can compile multiple clips on Windows Movie Maker.  I'm on Gmail, so I can send files back and forth.

NOTE: I have NOT beaten the mod yet (it's a bit tough.) I could probably slug through eventually though.

I'd love to try out for Lt. Harker's voice, provided he doesn't cuss like a sailor. :D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 05:40:21 PM by M4BHoward »

Fulano

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 09:37:52 PM »
Alright, so feel free to call me a newbie but....  I just want to clarify things here.

The FS directory on BZScrap says the files were updated March 11, 2011, does that mean it's officially compatible with pb6?  Or is it still the old version?

« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 09:38:19 PM by Fulano »

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 04:08:42 AM »
No, that's still the old one. This patch is on hold until late June/early July, when I get my life back.

Fulano

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 10:50:28 AM »
Ah thanks!  What about the fleshstorm 1.2 patch in that folder?  Is that not included in fleshstorm.exe?  I coudn't find any readme in the files to explain it.

And another question while I'm asking, there's a fleshstorm 2 file in that same BZScrap directory, is that done already or is it just up for testing?

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 07:16:49 AM »
Fleshstorm's latest version is currently 1.3 (of FS, not BZ2). The one I'm working on will technically be 1.4.

Fleshstorm 2 was finished a while back. Go download - it's good.

Fulano

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 08:02:25 PM »
I tried Fleshstorm 2, got the texture and the AIP patches and it runs... but the single player had more swearing that I prefer and the IA wouldn't work (it'd just quit just after I pick races, no matter what I pick).  I'd post over in the FS2 forums but they've been inactive for a while...  seems like a lot has gone inactive around here since I quit following progress around here a while back.

Tis unfortunate because I finally got my own copy of the game, I'd been borrowing it from a friend for years.

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 04:23:18 AM »
The Raven's commander is an angry guy. He swears a lot.

FS2 was designed mostly for the singleplayer. BBB has a habit of leaving IA and MP out a bit.

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 05:58:27 PM »
Still working on this, hope to get a whole load of crap done this week before college starts.

Fulano

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 06:37:35 PM »
Hope it works!!  Good luck.

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 08:19:23 AM »
Well, it works alright. I'm just ironing out the kinks and adding new (missing) content now.