Author Topic: trying qf mod on pb6  (Read 5719 times)

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: trying qf mod on pb6
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 07:08:08 AM »
No that is not possible. A .pak file is a compressed folder like a 7-zip archive, you have to extract them.

Click Me!

M4BHoward

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 07:25:05 AM »
Yeah, I was just pursuing clarification for this:
Take QF Mod, unzip it to a folder, run DXT on folder, zip up DXT textures which are all dumped into 1 output folder. Upload

Takes less then 5 minutes.
Unzip is a little ambiguous... extract the PAK to a folder would make more sense.

Also, it takes a bit longer than 5 minutes... but it IS fairly easy ;)

Here's the DXTBZ2 Package for QF mod:----------->http://www.mediafire.com/?u1uj47s9hqy16

!!!NOTE!!! While I did DXTGen most of the files myself, a few got left behind: not power-2-size.
One of these was the sniperscope texture... I quickly observed that this was a key part of QF. :P
However, I found a cache of QF DXTBZ2 in RaceProject mod's PAK.  I extracted the missing textures from RacePrj, and they are working fine with standard QF mod.
Every Noob has his day... :D

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 10:26:50 AM »
I was referring to sucking textures directly from the PAK using the DXTGen.

I just wanted to clarify whether or not THAT operation was possible.

Of course I know you've done DXTGen before.

Oh, no, of course that isn't possible. You extract using PakExplorer.

Also, it is possible to resize the images using something like IrfanView, which has a resize/resample feature. I'm not entirely sure whether that texture will work as non-^2, but we'll see.

Also, beware using RaceProject. The creator has a history of releasing malware into the community (a fake FEPB6) and junk programs (mesh converter). Be careful with what he releases.
Quote from: Katrina Cooke
The Cerberi. Fate's cruel and heartless practical joke on humanity. And this? This is the punchline.

M4BHoward

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 11:00:13 PM »
Also, beware using RaceProject. The creator has a history of releasing malware into the community (a fake FEPB6) and junk programs (mesh converter). Be careful with what he releases.
Understood.  I haven't taken any files out of RaceProject besides the DXT; I figure exporting textures is fairly safe.

Also, it is possible to resize the images using something like IrfanView, which has a resize/resample feature. I'm not entirely sure whether that texture will work as non-^2, but we'll see.
Yeah, I tried that first. Something was glitched up with the original file; was completely black (that REAALLY helped sniping :P) Hence my borrowing from RacePrj.

BTW, I found one oversight in my export: I missed a tree's texture. (dratted power-2...) :( All those really massive palms in jungle land are covered in rainbows... :P Doesn't effect gameplay too much though.

Anyway, I've been playing the campaign, and it is incredible! Really decent gameplay, sweet new ships + effects, and some of the best missions ever!  I just recently beat the bridge capture mission, and was strongly reminded of capturing fury relics in BZ1 (Those were the days... :) )

Just to reiterate, great mod.  I LOVE the mission style, and look forward to QF2. :D

GENERAL MANSON

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Communitys for Battleozne 2
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 03:03:22 PM »
Yeah, I was just pursuing clarification for this:
Take QF Mod, unzip it to a folder, run DXT on folder, zip up DXT textures which are all dumped into 1 output folder. Upload

Takes less then 5 minutes.
Unzip is a little ambiguous... extract the PAK to a folder would make more sense.

Also, it takes a bit longer than 5 minutes... but it IS fairly easy ;)

Here's the DXTBZ2 Package for QF mod:----------->http://www.mediafire.com/?u1uj47s9hqy16

!!!NOTE!!! While I did DXTGen most of the files myself, a few got left behind: not power-2-size.
One of these was the sniperscope texture... I quickly observed that this was a key part of QF. :P
However, I found a cache of QF DXTBZ2 in RaceProject mod's PAK.  I extracted the missing textures from RacePrj, and they are working fine with standard QF mod.

Where do I extract this to?

M4BHoward

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 08:05:10 PM »
To your addon folder (I'm fairly certain: works on mine :))

GENERAL MANSON

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 08:15:30 PM »
To your addon folder (I'm fairly certain: works on mine :))

Which one... basically how is yours setup?

M4BHoward

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 04:01:49 PM »
The root of your install (whichever folder you have BZ2 installed to,) should have a folder named "addon". Once you have installed QF and its patch, you should take the dxtbz2 fix folder and extract to the addon.

GENERAL MANSON

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 07:57:31 PM »
I get this when launching qf mod.

http://img442.imageshack.us/i/dupefiles.png/

VSMIT

• Factions
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Resident Mac Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2011, 12:34:53 AM »
If they're all textures, then it should be fine.  Textures don't get hit by the asset check.

IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

GENERAL MANSON

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 12:54:37 AM »
If they're all textures, then it should be fine.  Textures don't get hit by the asset check.

Yeah I think they are but hmm thats how I was told to extract.... could have been checked right before extraction but ok.

M4BHoward

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2011, 02:19:38 PM »
It is probable that those textures had already been dxtbz2'd before my fix; thus the duplicates when I mass-dxtbz2'd them all.

A quick fix would be to find the offending textures (in your QF dxtbz2 fix folder) and delete them. This wouldn't affect game visual, because you already have those files somewhere else in your install.

GENERAL MANSON

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2011, 03:02:27 PM »
It is probable that those textures had already been dxtbz2'd before my fix; thus the duplicates when I mass-dxtbz2'd them all.

A quick fix would be to find the offending textures (in your QF dxtbz2 fix folder) and delete them. This wouldn't affect game visual, because you already have those files somewhere else in your install.

hmmm yeah.... but could I delete them in the other folder.... not sure where other folder would be at?

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 05:19:22 PM »
Did you install both the QF PB6 patches, or just this one?

Also, take a look at your log. It's all printed out in there.
Quote from: Katrina Cooke
The Cerberi. Fate's cruel and heartless practical joke on humanity. And this? This is the punchline.

GENERAL MANSON

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 06:22:49 PM »
Did you install both the QF PB6 patches, or just this one?

Also, take a look at your log. It's all printed out in there.

I put the mod then its patch then the fix. It looks like ZE is the culprit.

ERR |             filesys:80   |12:06:02|326    |File clash: @rootdir\addon\Missions\Multiplayer\ZEmod07\ESAF_Skins\HighRes DXT\callisto.dxtbz2
ERR |             filesys:80   |12:06:02|326    |File clash: @rootdir\addon\QF DXTBZ2 Fix\QF DXTBZ2\callisto.dxtbz2
ERR |             filesys:80   |12:06:02|329    |File clash: @rootdir\addon\Missions\Multiplayer\ZEmod07\ESAF_Skins\HighRes DXT\io.dxtbz2
ERR |             filesys:80   |12:06:02|329    |File clash: @rootdir\addon\QF DXTBZ2 Fix\QF DXTBZ2\io.dxtbz2
ERR |             filesys:80   |12:06:02|330    |File clash: @rootdir\addon\Missions\Multiplayer\ZEmod07\ESAF_Skins\HighRes DXT\ispilo00.dxtbz2
ERR |             filesys:80   |12:06:02|330    |File clash: @rootdir\addon\QF DXTBZ2 Fix\QF DXTBZ2\ispilo00.dxtbz2
ERR |             filesys:80   |12:06:02|330    |File clash: @rootdir\addon\Missions\Multiplayer\ZEmod07\ESAF_Skins\HighRes DXT\ivconst00.dxtbz2
ERR |             filesys:80   |12:06:02|330    |File clash: @rootdir\addon\QF DXTBZ2 Fix\QF DXTBZ2\ivconst00.dxtbz2
ERR |             filesys:80   |12:06:02|331    |File clash: @rootdir\addon\Missions\Multiplayer\ZEmod07\ESAF_Skins\HighRes DXT\reflection3.dxtbz2
ERR |             filesys:80   |12:06:02|331    |File clash: @rootdir\addon\QF DXTBZ2 Fix\QF DXTBZ2\reflection3.dxtbz2