Author Topic: Blender to .xsi  (Read 2752 times)

Blender to .xsi
« on: January 29, 2011, 07:35:23 PM »
does anyone have a .xsi exporter for blender or another way to convert .blend to .xsi
i know this has been asked before but i cant find the answer

warfreak

Re: Blender to .xsi
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 07:40:13 PM »
Last i checked this is still around and only works for Blender 2.42. There are flaws but blame that on the lack of testers a good 2 years ago.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 05:05:51 PM »
i found one nvm
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.4/Py/Scripts/Export/xsi
if anybody else cares
it only works for 2.42a, 2.45, 2.46

warfreak

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 05:51:46 PM »
Use the one I linked to. The one on the blender site, last i checked, isn't the proper version of XSI for use in BZ2.

Josiah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 01:34:16 AM »
OR, you could just export to a format that 3d exploration can open, and then export to xsi...

here ya go...

M4BHoward

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 04:07:49 PM »
Question about exporting to xsi from blender: How do you get textures to come out properly? I've been unable to get them to.

Is there a problem with the exporter, or is blender just unable to export textures?

I'm using the exporter designed by Overmindll.
Every Noob has his day... :D

desertdog

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 05:17:58 PM »
Question about exporting to xsi from blender: How do you get textures to come out properly? I've been unable to get them to.

Is there a problem with the exporter, or is blender just unable to export textures?

I'm using the exporter designed by Overmindll.

Check the folder you export to and if it's not there then try manually copying the texture to the folder you export your model to. If it is there then the issue is related to the OM XSI exporter. Another user has the same problem with the texture as well. My understanding is the exporter is still a WIP, but no longer under any further development by OML1.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:43:10 PM by desertdog »