Author Topic: Resources for Modders  (Read 2849 times)

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
Resources for Modders
« on: October 07, 2010, 03:29:34 PM »
These are resources for modders, not to be confused with 'tools for modders'!

XSI Pack
Good for version 1.0 modding, possibly useful for 1.1 or 1.2.

bz2_art.7z
Art files from the development of Battlezone II. There are many Softimage|3D scene files. File include old textures, old models, and movie scenes. Note various bits are missing and the files are of quite strange software and version requirements. Several of us have received these resources from an anonymous source and had just not yet released them publicly. The Beta ISDF Recycler has been successfully converted to a usable model along with the beta ISDF Scavenger (like in the into movie and in the art on the back of the game box).

modder_data_b86.7z
This contains the raw models (.xsi) and textures (.bmp, .pic, .png, .tga, etc), which are not distributed by the 1.3pb6 installer. This is only of interest to modders. This is useful for 1.3pb6 modders.

http://BZ2_1.3b86_DLLSource.7z
This contains the source code for the Deathmatch (DM), Instant Action (IA), Multiplayer Instant Action (MPI), Strategy & Strategy Capture The Flag DLLs. Knowledge of C++ is recommended if you want to poke at the DLL source code; this source code is designed to be compiled with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (including the Express Edition.) This is useful for 1.3pb6 modders.

Original Link
A very nice ISDF logo in the form of a Photoshop PSD created by Zero Angel. This is fully scalable, if you have Photoshop, so it will work on any resolution skin or texture.

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

desertdog

Re: Resources for Modders
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 12:52:15 PM »
I converted the same XSI Pack to DirectX format if anybody can use the models. There are no textures, but animated models seem to work okay at least when imported into Truespace 7.6. The original BZII textures can be extracted from the Data.Pak but need to be converted to a format that their 3d modeler uses.  Download BNG's converted BZII Model Pack.

Slaor

• Time is NOT Money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 04:28:08 AM »
Has anybody tried Fragmotion? Pretty sure it exports skeletal .x anims among other things.

www.fragmosoft.com

And remember kids - Always explain, explore and expose that which is FORBIDDEN.

desertdog

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 10:19:05 AM »
Thanks Slaor. I know I'll check it out as I've grown quite fond of the X format for many reasons. I've had more luck the it then any other modeling formats. The ASCII text version of X is very similar to the XSI format that BZII uses. I've actually gotten working X models into BZII minus textures of course. I also had to export with the right hand coordinate system and flip all the faces, but BZII still seems to like the X format for some strange reason.

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 03:05:38 PM »
That would be because XSI stands for SoftImage X, which is why BZ2 reads .x as well as .xsi.
Quote from: Katrina Cooke
The Cerberi. Fate's cruel and heartless practical joke on humanity. And this? This is the punchline.

Slaor

• Time is NOT Money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 06:07:45 AM »
http://www.atangeo.com/products

Automatic LOD generation app. I usually post any 3D tools I find on the blog, but this one may be prove quite useful for BZ2 manual LOD states...
And remember kids - Always explain, explore and expose that which is FORBIDDEN.

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 09:07:34 AM »
Lol!

Balancer Lite
is a free version. It is fully functional but works with small meshes only.
The limit for a single mesh is 15000 triangles.

"Small meshes" is very relative...   I love it that something with three times the triangle count of a Grizzly is considered 'small' nowadays.   :)

-Av-

desertdog

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 11:53:57 AM »
http://www.atangeo.com/products

Automatic LOD generation app. I usually post any 3D tools I find on the blog, but this one may be prove quite useful for BZ2 manual LOD states...

Thanks for the link Slaor. BTW, I can do the same thing in Truespace with up to 10 LOD models from the original using a single button.