Author Topic: Hi this might be a daft question but  (Read 2428 times)

DerVampyrEngel

• View Profile
    • http://farbe3.tripod.com/
Hi this might be a daft question but
« on: September 05, 2010, 05:06:18 PM »
Does threed export models into Battlezone 2 or what I really mean is do I need the Pandemic Plugin and 3D Max to export any models into Battlezone 2 as I have Carrara 5 Pro and Carrara 7 Pro , I can texture and make models with it as well as I have Doga L series to make models but the only tutorial I have seen is the Basic BZ2 Ship Building by Fish/Avatar, also I haven't had a very good time lately hence Dark Empires being off mainly for a long time.

Also I want to get the Program in Programming Gems 3 I think as it has programming for aircraft but I don't know how to DLL that and to actually create an aircraft ODF to make it work, thinking of just abandoning aircraft flying altogether
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 05:09:14 PM by DerVampyrEngel »

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
Re: Hi this might be a daft question but
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 06:07:39 PM »
There is an XSI exporter for Max somewhere, I forgot link.

I wouldn't save any models in Threed. Only view them with it, IF it even opens them.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Dataanti

• I'm a dragon....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 09:46:15 AM »
Who made threed, and what was the purpose of it?

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 01:41:01 PM »
A guy called Christian something, IIRC, and it was made for XSI viewing and basic cut and stick modelmaking.

bigbadbogie

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 03:53:08 AM »
XSI Plugin is on dummyworld.net.

desertdog

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 05:25:44 PM »
You could also get 3d Exploration 1.5.5 to convert other model formats to the outdated XSI version that BZII uses. I've also had a lot of success using a free version Truespace 7.6 that as far as I know is still available. It has an older X exporter that works well with 3dex. You'd have to convert your model files to a format that 3dex can iimport, but then you could convert them to XSI via 3dex. Don't waste your time with Threed; it really is a piece of crap as far as BZII is concerned and it can't produce an animated model of any kind.

Stick with Carrara 5 Pro and Carrara 7 Pro and find an export format that will work with 3dex. It converts animated models quite well. Dutch Boy has a download site with several version of 3dex and I have key to unlock the XSI exporter in 3dex; its an outdated version but its works well for BZII XSI. Here's a link 3D Exploration for converting GSL models to other popular model formats.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:56:44 PM by desertdog »