Author Topic: Battlezone II Combat Commander Mod Support.  (Read 3033 times)

desertdog

Battlezone II Combat Commander Mod Support.
« on: August 26, 2010, 10:56:20 AM »
For those of you who have decided to put together your own BZII Mod and you need some help I have some free time to help. I have been modeling for BZII for several years now because I enjoy making 3d models and stuff for BZII.
Visit the forum and make any requests made known there or here I guess. I also have some tutorials on how to do stuff for BZII.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:21:21 PM by desertdog »

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
Re: Battlezone II Combat Commander Mod Support.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 02:16:15 PM »
There is a 1.3 Community Project going on, They're in need of some decent modelers. So far Jayben, Nielk1, and Calvin12 are the only modelers I think. Mostly they need someone who can do both models and Textures.

http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/board,42.0.html

*****General BlackDragon*****

desertdog

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 05:56:35 PM »
Thanks for the link. I'm ready to help just need some feedback on what to start making and get the stuff to where it needs to go for inclusion in the CP. I'll check out the topic and see what stills needs to get made.

VSMIT

• Factions
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Resident Mac Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 02:35:08 PM »
BNG, I'm reasonably sure that you gave up your chance for CP inclusion when you decided to have your account on BZU deleted.

IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Zero_Angel

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • http://specialops.kicks-ass.net
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 10:05:11 PM »
Agreed. It will be difficult for you to participate in BZ2CP2 without a BZU account.

I have no problems with you rejoining, as I have made a similar mistake in the past as well (with being a 1.3 beta tester). However,  you will need to be on 'good behavior' which you were up to the point of the argument you had with the BZU mods. It's not wrong to disagree with a moderator, however it is wrong to lose your cool in the way you did with NK1 and VSMIT. Seriously, that was awful to watch -- and didn't accomplish anything in the end. :(
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 10:06:08 PM by Zero_Angel »

desertdog

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 05:02:40 PM »
Actually, I did open a new account on BZU under a different user name, and I've had complete peace ever since then. For some reason the user BNG or Bump N Go as I originally went by could never get any peace at all. I'd have to honestly say that I was driven out by a few select forum members who saw my user name and felt compelled to insult BNG with regularity. That's why I deleted that account; BNG for all intensive purposes died not long before the account was actually deleted. Talk about suckish; 5 years of participation down the toilet in 2 seconds.

I'd still like to help out with some model making, but I don't ever want to be associated with BNG ever again. I prefer to remain anonymus on BZU for reasons that caused me to delete the original account in the first place. I've made quite a bit of progress with Truespace as far as BZII is concerned. I still suck at custom skinning models but pretty much know how to apply ready made textures without issue. I'm also making progress doing animationed BZII models. I'm hesitant to ask modeling questions on BZU anymore for obvious reasons but I'm slowly figuring it all out on my own. Thank God I'm a persistent little fart just a bit more cautious nowadays. I've also started posting a few BZII modeling tutorials but that's another story.  
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:18:37 PM by desertdog »

VSMIT

• Factions
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Resident Mac Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »
Here's a way you can be BNG in the open and not be ridiculed:

Don't be a dick, allow for constructive criticism, lose the ego.

IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 09:33:40 PM »
As soon as you build up a series of actions on your new user that fit the same pattern opposite to what VSMIT just said you would need to do to be accepted, that user, with no link to you, would have the same reputation.

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard

desertdog

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 04:08:32 AM »
No way! I learned enough before not to open myself that much anymore. I only plan to ask general questions and not post like I used to do. I may spend more time playing BZII then anything else. I do see the same select posters replying that burned me out the first time. Strangely, most of the other people on the BZU forum seemed to tolerate me just fine. Others seem to go out of their way to be nasty. 

jaydenbz2

• Galleria
  • Jaydenbz2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 05:19:44 AM »
There is a 1.3 Community Project going on, They're in need of some decent modelers. So far Jayben, Nielk1, and Calvin12 are the only modelers I think. Mostly they need someone who can do both models and Textures.

http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/board,42.0.html

Hmm, we do need more modellers but remember that both Nielk1 and I can texture, he's textures are more shapes and mine are more painted, as for Clavin 12, he can get some tips of any of us for UV'ing and texturing.

Current Projects:
OV-Mod
Factions
CP2
-:[:::..JAYDENBZ2..:::]:-

desertdog

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 12:39:09 PM »
I posted a tread to help 3d modelers convert models in various formats to BZII ready XSI. The models can be uploaded as attachments within the posts themselves, and yes VSMIT I'll even convert models for you as well; it must really suck to have MAX and not be able to currently export as XSI. I can convert 3DS models to XSI if you need any models converted bro. I see the same nasty BZU members still have issues with BNG. Anyways, here's the forum post for attaching a model that needs to be converted to XSI. PS: The models need to be zipped prior to uploading the file as an attachment, and only forum members can post, upload attachments, or download them for that matter, so if your not too proud to signup then I'd like to help other modders get models into BZII.

Update: In addition to X and XSI models I can now produce animated models in both Max binary 3DS and Caligari binary/text COB format hopefully to cover a wider array of 3d modeling packages. I don't really have all that much free time to make models much anymore, but will consider doing them for modders that are patient and don't like need them like yesterday.

Updated: Lately, I've gotten a bit lazy and don't really have much time for converting models to formats other then DirectX. Most packages can import X so I saw no reason to do the conversion work myself. I recently uploaded quite a few plant based X model props to my Truespace forum. I moved the topic to another forum for other Truespace users although BZ moddrs can download them as well. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 07:59:04 PM by desertdog »