Author Topic: EDF Events Log  (Read 2142 times)

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
EDF Events Log
« on: August 13, 2010, 03:56:45 PM »
From EDF Field Manual, Revision 8.03a:
It is required that, after every major event, an officer of suitable rank completes (or dictates) an Events Log to be submitted to the Archives.

Therefore, here is the Events Log for the Second Cerberi Incursion, as submitted to the archives by Major T. Johnson.

EDF Events Log
-August 13, 2010 - Log begins 19:14

Full archive log of events pertaining to Second Cerberi Incursion, early 2010

First indications appeared three mnonths after the destruction of the Tartarus IV Nexus, during the Imperialist rebellion against Crown Prince Thanatos' new regime. Imperialist raids on Hadean outposts and larger facilities began to show increasing use of Cerberi elements. These were, at the time, presumed to be remnants from the invasion force prepared on Labyrinth during 2009, but were later discovered to be the Black Cerberi once again entering into false allegiance with hostile Hadean forces.

During their first use against the EDF, a large group of these Hadean Cerberi cut off and overwhelmed General Joseph Corbin. It has been speculated that this may have been the Cerberi 'Mother-God' hive-mind (or possibly the Cerberized Jay Shultz) acting in order to prevent Corbin interfering with their resurgence. The grievously injured Corbin was rescued by a young member of the White Foxes squadron and returned to the Eris Spaceport, where he remains on life suppoprt. Field-Marshal Hardin has personally ordered that he is to recieve the best medical care possible, and as a result he is currently first in line for transport back to Earth.

To: Field-Marshal Miles Hardin
CC: Major Carla Wyndt-Essex
BCC: Lieutenant Samuel Marks

Sir,

Mere weeks after saving General Corbin's life on Eris, Samuel Marks was responsible for the rescue of Major Carla Wyndt-Essex earlier this week during a routine scouting mission on Labyrinth. I understand that the Major has recieved a Ring of Saturn and a Red Spot for her bravery on Miasma, during the First Incursion, and that her file is currently being evaluated by the EDF High Command for promotion to General (and I have already extended my congratulations to her in a seperate message), but I wish to suggest that Marks is considered for promotion to Captain. Rescuing two senior EDF officers (one of whom had been missing for three months prior) is a significant achievement, especially for one who still only holds the rank of Lieutenant. I feel that Marks has been passed over for promotion one too many times, and do not wish for it to happen again.

Your humble servant,
    General Sebastian Ellis

Had Wyndt-Essex not been rescued, it is highly likely that the location of the Cerberi Mother-God would have gone undiscovered and humanity would have been subjected to the full extent of its wrath. Despite her wrongs, may she rest in peace - and may the soul of Armond Braddock rot in hell, as is the best he deserves.

First logging session ends 20:41

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
Re: EDF Events Log
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 10:00:20 AM »
A little input on this would be much appreciated, anyone?

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 11:13:06 AM »
looks good ;)

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 07:20:16 PM »
Not sure about years, probably fine. Want to get a lot more years down for events before I date anything new though.

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 03:45:42 AM »
I seem to remember from the briefings that FE took place over 2009. I also think the Night of Infamy was that year too, so that pushes FE onwards a little. Three months leading to early 2010 is reasonable if that is the case.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 03:46:37 AM by AHadley »