Author Topic: what's needed to release this?  (Read 6042 times)

Josiah

• View Profile
what's needed to release this?
« on: April 21, 2010, 12:29:44 AM »
just what is taking so long???

no, that's not why I made this thread; I made it to spark somebody into action. IIRC, the dll for MP strat was still needed because Av was busy, and somebody didn't know how to do it/have the code/whatever... I was thinking, and I thought it could be something like this:

a variable set at beginning of game by host
all players have a counter set as variable
constantly checking if player has died
once a player has died, minus 1 from his counter
once counter = 0, player loses/is kicked/whatever

I'm not up on bz2 dll commands, but it doesn't seem that hard.  Yes, I know it's not easy(I've done a few myself w/bzII scriptor) but maybe the only problem was nobody thought it out... probably wrong, but I'm tired of waiting!!

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
Re: what's needed to release this?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 12:50:18 AM »
I end up wanting to recode 90% of the BZC DLL, which has repercussions as I would shift all the hard code to ODF read code, meaning more asset edits (but ultimately more awesome in the end and nicer to the modding process).

Anyway, I don't know if they want me to even touch it. I am a bit crAZy.

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Lizard

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 02:08:49 AM »
with the new D3D patch for BZ1 I can't help feeling that BZC has become a little bit redundant.

there was a time when I considered this one of the hottest mods for BZ2 now it's more of a curiosity.

bigbadbogie

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 02:11:41 AM »
what's needed to release this?

bigbadbogie

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 05:11:06 AM »
there was a time when I considered this one of the hottest mods for BZ2 now it's more of a curiosity.

It is still going to be amazing. Having my QF ships fighting the CCA and Furies alongside my Razors and Grizzlies is going to be the definition of heaven!!

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 09:44:11 AM »
BZClassic isn't just aimed at giving BZ1 to those who have never played it/dont want to download the installers. It's also there to enhance it.

Adding IA/MPI, and a base for TRO, and Avatar's Ancients and Extended storylines.

As for whats needed, Yes, the MP DLLs. Avatar has the source code and slowly works on them when he has time, along with single player campaigns.

If he were to give me the source code, I could study it, maybe fix it, have N1 help me with anything in it. Maps for MP will use some specific pathpoints by the DLL, things like Scrap Meteors that rain from the sky (already implemented and working), AIP pathpoints, other random things yet to be added or envisioned.

For IA/MPI I still need to make/someone help/godly intervention on the AIP's. I'm NOT good at aips, but I know what I want them to do. Greenheart said he'd try to help on them. RD is too busy, and I havn't seen WUG around in months.

And finally, more maps. I converted Corner Pocket last night, and plan to start doing some more. MAPS list will be updated as I add them. I hope to AT LEAST get all the BZ1 stock maps into BZC before it's released. By the way things are going, I should have enough time to make hundreds of maps, unfortunately I don't "like" making maps and I always texture mine by hand for maximum quality.

For the past year, thing's haven't changed on my end. DM works, Strategy "works" barely. IA/MPI is in extremely experimental stages. (AIPS) IA DLL only works in Editor.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 09:54:12 AM by General BlackDragon »

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 05:07:19 PM »
I was looking at doing AIP's for it but just don't have time. To be honest though, they are piss-easy. Even easier if like me you use custom edited assets for them, prevents you having to bother with some things then (like collect pool/field plans etc).

I never played BZ1, just doesn't interest me. And i would just get annoyed at the lack of features 5.1 now has. I too think that the latest BZ1 patch steps on BZC's toes quite a bit, but if BZC's storylines ever get completed it will be quite interesting to play.

Click Me!

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 08:51:14 PM »
If someone can give me a current snapshot I can get an MP dll put together. Would likely use a better system than he already has to manage everything. The old BZC dll source is what started my modern dll addons, so I can definitely do some nice things.

I would want Avatar's clean Avatar version. For the sake that is the benchmark for compatibility,

This is something I really want to do. The DLL code from it alone would be so very helpful and I would love to try my BZ1 style assets in a BZ1 like world as a side thought (my code would be dynamic enough anything custom like that should still work)

Click on the image...
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

ScrapPool

• Got it covered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 12:06:58 AM »
If he were to give me the source code, I could study it, maybe fix it, have N1 help me with anything in it.

I obviously wish this would happen. Distribute work which needs to be done to get it moving a little better, I mean.

But I think he wants to keep it as his hobby for as long as is reasonable...

Food for thinking about.

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 04:58:00 AM »
I have to apologize for the lack of progress on my part, as it seems that every time I get rolling again something steps in to crush my free time.

I WILL get back to this, fairly soon from the looks of things.  "Fairly soon" for me means yet this year, btw...

As for my current "time consuming interest" she's fine with my computer addiction, but there are limits I have to work within.

Well worth it, though.  :)

-Av-

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 10:54:09 AM »
If someone can give me a current snapshot I can get an MP dll put together. Would likely use a better system than he already has to manage everything. The old BZC dll source is what started my modern dll addons, so I can definitely do some nice things.

Remember, Avatar wants to do as little in the DLL is possible so it doesn't strain anything.

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 01:14:39 PM »

Remember, Avatar wants to do as little in the DLL is possible so it doesn't strain anything.

This would have a smaller footprint than his existing code.

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 04:25:09 PM »
then why don't you give him the code, if you've already made and tested it :P

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 07:28:25 PM »
Would have...

I want to have his latest to use as the base to augment.

Click on the image...

Ace 0f Spades

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 06:02:16 PM »
with the new D3D patch for BZ1 I can't help feeling that BZC has become a little bit redundant.

What is this D3D patch of which you speak and where can I find it?
System Specs:
-AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @ 3.7GHz
-ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB 128-bit
-4GB (2x2GB) of DDR3 1333 RAM