Author Topic: Finally...  (Read 5165 times)

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
Finally...
« on: December 28, 2009, 08:38:25 PM »
I've never been happy with any one unit I've tried against the Swarm.  They all seem to have some sort of issue with ammo or armor, or simply fail against the never-ending onslaught of Swarm units.

Playing the first FS2 mission I finally found something I really like to use against the Swarm...

I had the base totally defended, to the point where it didn't matter what they threw at me, and was taking the fight to them.  I had them bottled up in their base with a wall of turrets, healers, and Titans.  My Archers were pounding them from the hilltops and distracting the Swarm ships, so I was free to experiment.

In the end, I basically walked into their base in an Arc Stream Mauler with three Healers behind me.  As long as you keep firing they keep healing, your ammo never goes down, and the stream...  oh, the beautiful stream...  :)    It just keeps leaping from enemy to enemy and the Swarm units go splat, splat, splat...   

I think this is my new Swarm Base Eater...  :lol:

-Av-

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
Re: Finally...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 09:00:28 PM »
Now the scions will create a special arc-streamer unit that has the sole purpose of killing Swarm.

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 12:42:05 PM »
They regenerate health so quickly and spawn so rapidly that it would make sense for the more advanced Races to develop Swarm-specific weapons.  Something like the acid cloud mortar that only affects life forms would be good, or some sort of 'neutron' mortar that kills living things but doesn't harm tanks...

-Av-

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 01:08:41 PM »
The plasma cannon is a life saver for the ISDF in these instances. I love to pummel them with Archer's if i am the scion... provided i can get the time to build them.

Guardians also work FAR better than gun spires ;)

Click Me!

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 01:36:29 PM »
The key to Swarm killing is steady progress when shooting.  Gunspires do massive damage but if they don't kill the thing in one shot it regenerates almost completely before the next shot takes place.  Guardians suffer when the Swarm *splats* all over them and does damage, where the GS's are usually far enough away to avoid that.  The shorter range on the Guardian also helps keep them focused, and less distracted by Skuttles, which can tie up a GS indefinately if they get into your base. 

I had Guardians backed by Healers with GS's behind them to handle the Leviathans better and it worked well.  I sent Lancers into the field and locked them to unmorphed for greater range, since constant fire works better than bigger punches...  I had Titans as backup in the field and they work well also, but eventually get worn down ammo-wise.

The 'intelligent' races need neutron weapons for the Swarm, and the Swarm needs an artillery base eater...  maybe something really annoying like a long range Scuttle catapult...  Toss them into your base and annoy the crap out of you... :)

-Av-

Lizard

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 02:04:50 PM »

and the Swarm needs an artillery base eater...  maybe something really annoying like a long range Scuttle catapult...  Toss them into your base and annoy the crap out of you... :)

-Av-

the adult bombardier with it's scuttle rain weapon should fit this role perfectly.

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 07:19:20 AM »
I love that, the whole idea that when you face a bigger and more powerful Swarm unit that means it's older and more mature.  The older they get the bigger they get, and the more armor/regen/weapons they have...  very cool concept.   I'd like to see a few 'Grandparent' units, massive and very powerful but maybe not so good at walking...  and they never get far from a bathroom...   and you'd run into them most of the time in the southern parts of the map... at a buffet...    :lol:

-Av-

Lizard

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 04:24:01 PM »
I love that, the whole idea that when you face a bigger and more powerful Swarm unit that means it's older and more mature.  The older they get the bigger they get, and the more armor/regen/weapons they have...  very cool concept.   I'd like to see a few 'Grandparent' units, massive and very powerful but maybe not so good at walking...  and they never get far from a bathroom...   and you'd run into them most of the time in the southern parts of the map... at a buffet...    :lol:

-Av-

awesome idea, they could knit mittens and woolly hats for the smaller units for when they invade bane.....

their main weapons could be incontinence and  complaining about how things were so much better in the old days.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 04:25:04 PM by Lizard »

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 05:10:31 PM »
lol... giving orders to units in BZ2 is about to get very difficult

Click Me!

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 09:06:20 PM »
Lol, only to old Swarm units with weak hearing aid batteries...  :)

They're too busy whining to the grandkids...  "Why in MY day we ate at least FOUR tanks for lunch, and then came back to the buffet for dinner!"   :)

-Av-

Lizard

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 03:20:44 AM »
or it might be a case of " Don't you go giving me orders sonny I was doing this while you were knee high to a grasshopper, I don't need no young whippersnapper telling me what to do".

GENERAL MANSON

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Communitys for Battleozne 2
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 12:59:11 AM »

-Av-

awesome idea, they could knit mittens and woolly hats for the smaller units for when they invade bane.....

their main weapons could be incontinence and  complaining about how things were so much better in the old days.

Now grandparents class swarm would be cool like GP class units like GP Intruder with 2x more healing rate then Adult class and 65 to 80 scrap or whatever.

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 04:02:45 PM »
No, think of it like any other aspect of living things as they get older.  They get smarter, bigger, tougher and slower as they get older...   but sometimes they get a little confused, too...

Grandparent Swarm would be huge, but very very slow and not always appearing to be single minded.  (they may ignore you as they are heading for a distant target)...

Grandparent Swarm would be insanely tough, with hard shells and lots of hit points but not a really fast heal rate.  In fact, it might be cool if they actually grew a big gaudy shell, like a hermit crab in a conch shell...   :)

Grandparent Swarm would be the same way with weapons, possibly having more different types that they'd developed over the years.  They'd have at least one weapon with a really large and damaging shot but not be able to fire it as often as they'd need time to regain their strength.  It'd be cool if they had to stop and breath hard to reload... 

And there'd be a lot more gas...  type weapons, that is...   maybe they'd even move around in a cloud that only damages enemies.  (to them, it probably smells good...  )

:evil:

Oh, I'm having too much fun with this...

-Av-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 04:03:53 PM by Avatar »

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 05:05:21 PM »
Scourge.
Quote from: Katrina Cooke
The Cerberi. Fate's cruel and heartless practical joke on humanity. And this? This is the punchline.

GENERAL MANSON

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Communitys for Battleozne 2
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 06:28:15 PM »
OR the GPs can have to cannon slots that fire 2 shots per cannon and have them linked and more ammo then the Adult intruder.

There should be some ia maps where the swarm can use that serpent unit and on mpi.