Author Topic: Bugs  (Read 5582 times)

Bowie

• View Profile
Bugs
« on: December 27, 2009, 09:45:20 PM »
Bug topic

There is a bug with the phaer rahn comm vehicle being undeployable (confirmed in instant action)

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
Re: Bugs
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 01:08:02 AM »
Did you get in it and hit C? After a patch for FS1 way back it was made into a CommVehicle class instead of a building and its provides removed. Try it.

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 12:45:41 PM »
I've only done mission 1 but there's a stretch of water just south of the Scion base that, for some reason, hover units will sink when crossing.  I don't see any missing water tiles but you drop to the bottom...   treaded units path through this, also, to their doom which is irritating but can be worked around via a different path.   This being the main path to the Swarm base it's very annoying...   :)

Good job on the planet, btw, it's very jungley (yes, now it's a word :) ) without looking like the FE jungle world.  I was looking for some of the spikey plants to shoot me with spikes, though...   :)

-Av-

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 01:04:44 PM »
The sinking thing is because of the 'unit crossing'. I think its there so that certain units can path accross via ODF tunnels. I still dont understand why its actually there... but i did report this during testing.

Click Me!

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 07:16:20 AM »
Titans had no trouble crossing there but Healers die...  'unit crossing' is an object? So it was intentional...  maybe to get Swarm units to path through there to the Scion base?

To tell you the truth I expected sneak attacks from the back, given all of those little canyons in and out of the Scion base.  I guess I'm just used to Natty's G66 thinking, but I had the entire base ringed with GS's and Guardians just in case...   :)

I've started mission 2 and won't say even one little word about the EXTREME over-acting...  :P

-Av- 

Lizard

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 12:04:57 PM »

I've started mission 2 and won't say even one little word about the EXTREME over-acting...  :P

-Av- 

lol

yeah it is a bit much eh, but hats off to BBB for having the balls to do all those voiceovers.

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 06:49:21 PM »
Yeah, he must have ten-pounders...   

:lol:

I didn't really want to say anything, but William Shatner just called me and complained about the over-acting...  :P

-Av-

Lizard

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 04:40:45 AM »
:D

ooh you are cruel

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 12:00:30 PM »
I haven't had time to get on with the SP missions but have noticed a few little things in some quick Instants.

Hadean wheeled vehicles are suffering greatly from oversteer.  Try telling a few Atlas units to go across the map to see what I mean, they swirl and twirl for hours before getting going.  I had the same issues with the Minotaur tanks I made and steerFactor is what adjusts this, I think... 

Scion Builders can no longer climb hills.  Hadean Constructors don't have any troubles even on the dunes in Dunes, but the Scions can't get one up a gentle slope.  I've actually had them backpedal down hills if they try too hard...  I had to use Sonic, which I use anyway, but shouldn't have to...

The Krahanos is missing its icon.

-Av-

Lizard

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 12:09:24 PM »
I think the Hadean assets were just ported over straight from FE so they might not have been adjusted to take newer 1.3 settings into consideration, if I recall correctly there were some new settings added to the tracked vehicle class.

I think the scion builder is just the same version as in the stock game so any issues with this unit might be a 1.3 issue. 

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 04:21:40 PM »
Water seems to disappear at odd times, and I also somehow ended flying under the surface at one point.
Quote from: Katrina Cooke
The Cerberi. Fate's cruel and heartless practical joke on humanity. And this? This is the punchline.

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 02:46:18 AM »
I'm putting this in a new post so it's noticable...

In the last three missions I've played (between the clean up and holding the line) the first voiceover line repeats itself over and over during the mission... any ideas?
The Cerberi. Fate's cruel and heartless practical joke on humanity. And this? This is the punchline.

Lizard

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 05:38:53 AM »

In the last three missions I've played (between the clean up and holding the line) the first voiceover line repeats itself over and over during the mission... any ideas?

I've not seen that nor has anyone else reported issues like it, it would seem that this might be a problem local to your system - try reinstalling .

AHadley

• Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Controller Node
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 11:13:17 AM »

I've not seen that nor has anyone else reported issues like it, it would seem that this might be a problem local to your system - try reinstalling .

That's what I was afraid of... do you know how long it took me to download it?! :lol:

I'm putting up with it for now anyway.

Lizard

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 11:18:04 AM »

That's what I was afraid of... do you know how long it took me to download it?! :lol:

I'm putting up with it for now anyway.

you shouldn't need to download it again just reinstall it, if the installer works it's highly unlikely that the the download was corrupt in any way.