Author Topic: Project Battlezone II: Combat Commander; X-Box 360  (Read 35027 times)

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
Re: Project Battlezone II: Combat Commander; X-Box 360
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 06:43:12 PM »
@Vsmit and Nielk: All because you hate the user-entity of the person* doesn't mean you have to give nothing but negative feedback on something that OBVIOUSLY works and ISN'T a hoax. (From the pictures, i see NO literal computer anywhere NEAR the setup.)
Notice I can say the EXACT same thing to bash a mod for BZ2 just like you bashed on this Vsmit.

It had NOTHING to do with the person and the fact you would dare say that is perplexing as you should know my character.
Of course it works, he's just running BZ2 on another friken' PC. It is nothing special. I would be more impressed with BZ2 on a mac. I do find it just sad he had to show us. I mean, maybe if he had it use the XB360 controls and did some sort of fancy integration or something, but NOOO, he just threw it on and claimed almighty-ism.

This is the same as if I was to install it on a PC with a fugly small square TV on it and play it. In fact, I see nothing at all special other than the fact it likely runs WORSE than on a PC and is nearly impossible to read.

To make it anything more than half assed and sad he is going to have to at least set up pages and pages of custom CFG files and such for BZ2 to make it ledgeable and usable on a TV screen to show some actual EFFORT.

Good job Warfreak, you made me say it. If he's crying now it's your fault.

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

warfreak

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 07:09:57 PM »
Actually, i was trying to get you to explain yourself as you should know that no one here knows the message you try to get across the first time around, so sorry about that for you. :| (That and it just seemed as you were just finding a reason to put another imaginary "fail" under his belt)

I do stay with my statement about Vsmit.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 07:11:31 PM by warfreak »

Dataanti

• I'm a dragon....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 07:40:07 PM »
XD LOL What do you mean its harder to read, I can read it just fine. I could use the controller but it doesn't have the F# buttons so it wouldn't be much help at all. It also is running much smother then on my TV and I can see everything and that isn't a HD TV to its standard definition.

Thank you War Freak for defending me from the evil monster.

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 07:55:30 PM »
You can read BZ2 on an SDTV?

Eyesight Win...

Click on the image...
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Dataanti

• I'm a dragon....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 08:04:44 PM »
You can read BZ2 on an SDTV?

Eyesight Win...

?I don't get it whats so hard about it?

It is an old game made for computers that have horrible definition anyways, I can see it hard to read on a 10 inch screen cause even normal X-Box games have hard to read menus on that size but this is a 32 inch. if I moved my X-Box up stairs I could play it on a 50 inch full HD TV :) I want to do that now...

VSMIT

• Factions
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Resident Mac Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 08:51:01 PM »
@Vsmit and Nielk: All because you hate the user-entity of the person* doesn't mean you have to give nothing but negative feedback on something that OBVIOUSLY works and ISN'T a hoax. (From the pictures, i see NO literal computer anywhere NEAR the setup.)
Notice I can say the EXACT same thing to bash a mod for BZ2 just like you bashed on this Vsmit.
1: I never said that I thought this was a hoax.
2: I gave my opinion on it.  I think it's unnecessary, and I enumerated why.
3: You very well know how I am, but this is nothing against Data.  If someone like you or N1 did this, I would likely say the same thing I did here.

I would be more impressed with BZ2 on a mac. I do find it just sad he had to show us.
Would need the source code to do that.  Or redo it in a different engine.

warfreak

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2009, 11:44:22 AM »
Well, seeing as you didn't get the point I was trying to get across let me explain it further.

[This is an example and NOT meant to make anyone stop on their projects]
Fleshstorm2 is a waste of time, BZC is, Arc Mod is, the Community Project is and any other project being done, either small or large, and those working on it should get a life.
[/This is an example and NOT meant to make anyone stop on their projects]

That is BASICALLY the tone i got across from your original post Vsmit. So what if it's something small and insignificant and "easy" to get done. Doesn't mean you have to say "Oh, this is crap get it out of my face you stupid kid." just to seem superior.

Yes, negative comments can be constructive, but as i said the message that I interpreted was that you were telling Data to go skrew himself and get a life.

@Data: I'm not defending you, I just see enough of this crap going on here on the internet and in real life and I'm sick and tired of it. Think of it as a glimpse of what goes on in my life.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 11:47:25 AM by warfreak »

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2009, 12:15:54 PM »
aRc Mod is a MONUMENTAL waste of time. ;)

Also note I don't show off much of anything from it unless I consider it nearly perfect.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 12:33:59 PM by nielk1 »

Click on the image...

warfreak

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2009, 12:55:41 PM »
aRc Mod is a MONUMENTAL waste of time. ;)
Well, from the little tibbits I've read/seen, it's time well wasted.

Notice that much of everything we as a community do is basically as a hobby to consume time, which is even WHY I make a big deal out of someone saying someone's work is a waste.

VSMIT

• Factions
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Resident Mac Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2009, 01:00:36 PM »
It's pretty much just moving the game from one HDD to another.  I'd consider it less of a waste and more interesting if he was able to play online with it, use the 360 controller, improve graphics quality, etc.  At least tell us how you did it, Data, instead of just saying, "Oh, here's what I did, shower me with praise."

Dataanti

• I'm a dragon....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2009, 04:09:39 PM »
It's pretty much just moving the game from one HDD to another.  I'd consider it less of a waste and more interesting if he was able to play online with it, use the 360 controller, improve graphics quality, etc.  At least tell us how you did it, Data, instead of just saying, "Oh, here's what I did, shower me with praise."

You already can use a controller but its pointless cause it has no F# buttons. And I don't care if people praise me I'm just doing something with BZ2 and posting updates until its completion like what other people do, then I will release it.

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2009, 01:21:23 AM »
Dat, write up a how to and some other information to make this look like a nice undertaking. An actual tutorial and bit of information would go a long way. If you provide such info in a well written and explained way, this would look like a nice achievement. Maybe even a BZMag article on the possibility. If you want to test some interface modifications to make it run better let me know. I may be able to write a background program to fake the Fkey and # key inputs so you can play with a single controller. Or maybe you should get one of those controllers with the keyboard in the middle?

Click on the image...

ComputerMaster1st

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2009, 03:34:26 PM »
I may be able to write a background program to fake the Fkey and # key inputs so you can play with a single controller. Or maybe you should get one of those controllers with the keyboard in the middle?

what i think maybe interesting is to use the funny joystick looking things on the controller, use them to select a unit/squad. im not sure its possible though.

VSMIT

• Factions
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Resident Mac Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2009, 07:21:22 PM »
what i think maybe interesting is to use the funny joystick looking things on the controller, use them to select a unit/squad. im not sure its possible though.
ROTBD, anyone?

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2009, 07:54:11 PM »
ROTBD, anyone?

t'what I was thinking

Click on the image...