Author Topic: Progress Report Feedback  (Read 10061 times)

Rocket

• BZ2 Fanatic
  • Never judge an enemy by the size of the radar blip
    • View Profile
Progress Report Feedback
« on: April 01, 2009, 04:39:23 PM »
Hmm, so this mod won't be featuring any new races?

So, have you been able to get the people's voices you need?

That's strange, i always thought the hadeans and the nexus were the same side... Just FURYenized, or whatever you call it.

Good luck to you :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 01:05:51 PM by AHadley »
-- Hidden Defenders Mod Leader
-- Lordtac's RV Contributor.
-- ARC Mod Contributor

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
Progress Report Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 04:42:55 PM »
That's strange, i always thought the hadeans and the nexus were the same side... Just FURYenized, or whatever you call it.

You make sure Nielk1 doesn't see this! He'll redirect you to his site! Be warned!

:lol:

Click Me!

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
Progress Report Comments
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 04:51:10 PM »

You make sure Nielk1 doesn't see this! He'll redirect you to his site! Be warned!

:lol:

http://www.bzcomplex.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cerberi
I don't seem to have an article on the Nexus, or the Hadeans...

The Nexus is ACTUALLY an ancient Hadean device, and perhaps so are the Cerberi. The Cerberi might be the constructs of the Hadeans, the Manifestation of the ancient biometaloid intelligence, the unfound computer core native to the Dark Planet Core after terraforming, or some combination there of.

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
Progress Report Comments
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 01:41:01 AM »
There might be some new races somewhere along the line, though they aren't planned as such yet. Remember this is set almost straight after FE, so there isn't much likelihood that a new race will be discovered straight away.

Just had a thought... in Av's storyline, he describes a Biometaloid that maneuvers into orbit around Icarus... might that be Core? He does decribe it as the Dark Planet, after all...

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
Progress Report Comments
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 10:22:40 AM »
I talked to Av about that specifically. The Dark Planet, in Avatar's story, is the biometaloid that orbited Icarus/Cthonia.

Now, in talking with Avatar, I found we had a shared idea that Core was a special locked form of a biometaloid. That being said, when the Dark Planet was terraformed into a new Core (as the old Core was dying) the alchimators that made the first Core where used and shot though a wormhole (which I explain is possible do to thin space between biometaloids). The Core Computer, obviously Core in design and not Scion, was likely part of the terraforming. So, where is the New Core's Computer?

I came up with a nice story about this, one I plan to use in any mod I make as the background:
http://www.bzcomplex.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Core_Project

Click on the image...
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
Progress Report Comments
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 12:38:34 PM »
Having read that... hmm... the second bit doesn't quite make full sense.

Lillim make the first Alchemators to destroy the biometaloid attacking them. I get that.

They put the data into probes (are these the core computers?) one of which reaches Mire. The race on Mire terraform the biometaloid that attacked Icarus into Dark Core. The Bane War gets in the way, and the race is wiped out before the process is completed.

The Scions discover the computer/probe the Mire race found, and this is used for their Biometal dialysis. From this, they discover the alchemators, which they use to terraform Core into New Core. The computer they use is, I assume, New Core's computer.

Am I correct?

If this is going to take part of the history, I think the Mire race needs a name...

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
Progress Report Comments
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 12:42:33 PM »
The probes are the power crystals.

The planet we call Core was terraformed by the Mire/Bane/Rend races, but they died before it was complete (or something, I need an explanation why they are no longer existing).

The Scions use the same alchimator the Mire/Bane/Rend races used to make their Core to make the new Core out of the dark planet, using a wormhole to redirect the beam.

I need to make the story more clear, and its just my ideas that fit with Avatar's Ideas. You are always free to do whatever you want.

Click on the image...

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
Progress Report Comments
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 12:57:34 PM »
I want my story / theories / ideas to fit in with yours, probably for the same reason you want yours to fit with Avatars. I want BZ1/2 to have a full storyline that explains everything.

Maybe the Mire/Bane/Rend race were wiped out by civil war or something... or something attacked them - the buildings certainly look like they were attacked by something, and I doubt those statues were there for the scenery.

So... what's the New Core Computer then?

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
Progress Report Comments
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 02:56:59 PM »
So... what's the New Core Computer then?

IDK, we never found it. Why didn't we? Did something go wrong? Did it interact with the Cerberus AI already on the Dark Planet? Did it not form as a computer was already there? IS the computer core we never found the source of the Cerberus AI? I have not determined what I want to write for that yet.

EDIT:
For the sake of aRc, I am thinking the terraforming to core helped to shape the Cerberi, but not to define their existence. The Cerberus AI would likely be something to monitor the biometaloid it was placed on. When Cthonia/Icarus was destroyed, and the biometaoild cast out into the outer solar system, it was lost and forgotten. Who is to say what the Cerberi should look like? Perhapse they should be clearly Hadean Machines. Having no base design they might take the look the dark planet came to resemble at the time they awaken. Are the programmed to defend against the biometaloid, or to defend in general? Do they interact with the biometaloid intelligence? These are more aRc questions than Perfidious questions since your mod follows the common tree with FE.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 03:01:52 PM by nielk1 »

Click on the image...

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
Progress Report Comments
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 03:16:50 PM »
Still, I am planning to explain the mystery of the Cerberi a little more. I've sent you a message on that.

bigbadbogie

Progress Report Comments
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 04:06:50 PM »
The planet we call Core was terraformed by the Mire/Bane/Rend races, but they died before it was complete (or something, I need an explanation why they are no longer existing).

I always thought that the first Scions ever were responsible for the destruction of those races. Remember on Bane where a metal plate was found bearing the insignia of the black dog squadron at the site of the battle?

Maybe when the Scions first found the Mire system, they ran into a war between all 3 planets and were attacked. In self defence, they ended up destroying all the other races.

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
Progress Report Comments
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 04:29:46 PM »
The problem with that is the ruins are much to old. The Scions are relatively new, even the earliest, and they only escape from Braddock so early. I find it more likely the wreckage is from a ship you blow up during the mission, or from the pre-bz2 battle where Braddock steals the artifacts from the Scions before being called back to Earth. Needless to say, Braddock is pretty pissed the Scions ran off.

I still say its from the mission you were just in, the wreckage. A ship you blew up.

Click on the image...

Rocket

• BZ2 Fanatic
  • Never judge an enemy by the size of the radar blip
    • View Profile
Progress Report Comments
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 08:13:36 PM »
Hmm, I don't remember any ruins on Rend.... and of course there would have to be ruins in order to prove there was ever a race there.

and after all, who says that the races in that particular solar system (the one with Mire, Rend, and Bane.) are different races, after all, couldn't they be the same race? some of the ruins looked the same on both Mire and Bane.

what was Bane's moon?
-- Hidden Defenders Mod Leader
-- Lordtac's RV Contributor.
-- ARC Mod Contributor

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
Progress Report Comments
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 10:49:54 PM »
Its from a debriefing.

Click on the image...

Ideamaker1440

• View Profile
Progress Report Comments
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 12:20:33 AM »
Well the universe in BZ2 has endless possiblitiys after all it is a game anything can be made to add another race into the mix, you can never be sure how many Races there are, this is also including real life as well the universe is a big place nothing can be a straight yes or no answer, but the one thing you can put money on, is that we are not alone in this universe and never will be.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 12:21:42 AM by Ideamaker1440 »
If actions are stronger than words, than why is the pen mightier then the sword.
Hell is hot or cold??