Author Topic: FE PB3 problem  (Read 6117 times)

cheesepuffly

• BZ2 Fanatic
  • Cheese Lover
    • View Profile
FE PB3 problem
« on: March 13, 2009, 09:20:25 AM »
Ok, i keep on my PSP a 1.2GB rar of a bz2 installation with all the best mods for 1.3 PB3 and obviously FE is one of them. I was able to get it to work  on a friends crappier computer (much crappier) but now i make the shortcut etc. and when i go to start it, after the opening credits it says it cannot get a save game and crashes. Any help would be nice.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:20:51 AM by cheesepuffly »
Currently playing: Mass Effect 2
Currently waiting for: Patapon 3
Currently making: Chezoria Mod

I like big CHEESE AND I CANNOT LIE!

Don-Don-Chaka-Chaka

Axeminister

• Guitars, games, movies!
    • View Profile
Re: FE PB3 problem
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 09:41:34 AM »
go into saves and delete last savegame most likely. I know that FE won't let you save too many savegames if you're using patch 1.2 and should keep only three at most.
He who does not advance himself, endlessly becomes himself.

cheesepuffly

• BZ2 Fanatic
  • Cheese Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 09:43:20 AM »
tried deleting the save games, before you told me, didnt work. Only checked in one folder though..... are they any where else?

Don-Don-Chaka-Chaka

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 09:50:01 AM »
that can also happen whe the computer has later/earlier versions of BZ2 installed. i kept getting an

Eror Savegame from a previous version sort of popup window, and BZ2 crashed. Havent found a solid way around it yet

Click Me!

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 09:52:59 AM »
If you have Vista, it is saving the saves and pilots into a general BZ2 folder somewhere where all games on vista save this info (my docs?).

Simply edit your BZONE.CFG to uncomment the 2 lines about save location and tweak them to make it use a slightly different folder so that old saves are not loaded.

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 11:49:51 AM »
I think there is a command line parameter to allow you to run the program with Vista-style (my documents) saving by default.

cheesepuffly

• BZ2 Fanatic
  • Cheese Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 04:35:03 PM »
If you have Vista, it is saving the saves and pilots into a general BZ2 folder somewhere where all games on vista save this info (my docs?).

Simply edit your BZONE.CFG to uncomment the 2 lines about save location and tweak them to make it use a slightly different folder so that old saves are not loaded.

Indeed i am using vista thank you, still just because it sees a save game from another uh version couldnt it just skip that? Or are we talking the overall save game, like the campagins n stuff

Don-Don-Chaka-Chaka

npdefender

• View Profile
FE PB3 problem
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 05:30:30 PM »
Having problems with "7: One Way Out", i never get control of the Recycler. Anyone know how to fix that?

Dataanti

• I'm a dragon....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »
Having problems with "7: One Way Out", i never get control of the Recycler. Anyone know how to fix that?

If your using 1.3 then good luck, 1.3 has a very buggy story mode, if you want to play the story mode I would use an earlier version.

I don't know about anyone else but my vista doesn't do that.