Author Topic: Fresh Start  (Read 5889 times)

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
Fresh Start
« on: February 15, 2009, 09:01:03 AM »
I must admit, I haven't worked on this mod in ages. I'm just about to start again now, though, but I've noticed that I already had thousands of files that were doing nothing. I've decided to clear my head (and my files) and make a fresh start on Perfidious. I have deleted everything I have so far and am going back to the start. Everything is changing, except the storyline.

I have also discovered my DM: Eris teaser map, which I have uploaded to my SkyDrive for download. The included readme thanks the creators of the custom objects I have used. Apologies if you are not mentioned - I shall add your name to my list and you shall be included in the final mod's credits. As usual, this can be found on my SkyDrive, under Modding\Battlezone 2 - Perfidious\DM Eris Teaser Map. Direct Link
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 11:46:17 AM by AHadley »

Arbystrider

• View Profile
Re: Fresh Start
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 03:13:19 AM »
Finally a new map to add to my collection... For PB4a?

EDIT: WTF? 0 Bytes per second but still downloading?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 03:14:47 AM by Arbystrider »

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 07:25:52 AM »
PB4a. Tested and working. Won't work with older patches, I'm afraid, I used objects from some of the '4a variants.

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 11:20:02 AM »
OK to mirror?
Is it a good map? (I have not tried it yet.)

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 04:53:11 AM »
Good for a first. Not sure it will stand up to some of the more epic stuff you guys have made, but it's got the bits and it works. I'd suggest you play it before you mirror it, though, to make sure you want to :)

Quick warning, if you ever see a game hosted by me, don't try to join. We'll both lag out like hell, I have a crap connection. Don't let me join your games either, just tell me what you think of it.

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 08:28:44 AM »
Anybody tried this map yet? Like it? I'm itching to know what my skills are up to :)

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 12:52:28 PM »
I is guna looksie :P

I just figured out how to do weather a few days ago. its my new favourite thing :P. Still dont get winter though... bloody masks and layers...

EDIT 1: i see that jammer i sent you with all the // tabbed lines is in there :D

EDIT 2:

Installed! looks good! perfect DM environment. only a couple of problems ive noticed...

Because of the big drop at the edge of the map i see youve put walls there. the trouble is the walls you've used cant be shot or colliden (word??) with.  Youll need to find the right ones for that.

Buildings in the middle will make AI very dumb... Good hiding places for human only though! (hint, im sure thats a dmnb (no bots) .cfg file in pb4a. if you spec that one in the .inf file instead of 'dm', you wont have to get rid of them all)

sweet!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 12:59:51 PM by TheJamsh »

Click Me!

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 05:24:56 AM »
A quick cancollide or colissionradius should fix the walls no problem, and as for the bots, I'll have that fixed for the next teaser release.

Yeah, the Jammer is there, thought I might leave the // bits in to help anybody who wants to look at it.

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 05:43:16 PM »
Just a quicky, the collisionradius setting wont make any difference, as its an AI setting only.

Can collide will add a horrible sphereical collision, ive tried it before with those. youre best bet is to grab the ones from the patch13.pak that GH and Cpmmando used in there RV's. They are 100% fixed.

Click Me!

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 08:35:09 PM »
Just a quicky, the collisionradius setting wont make any difference, as its an AI setting only.

Can collide will add a horrible sphereical collision, ive tried it before with those. youre best bet is to grab the ones from the patch13.pak that GH and Cpmmando used in there RV's. They are 100% fixed.

Um, CollisionRadius is the RADIUS OF THE COLLISION, it is not just an AI only setting.

Click on the image...
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 08:39:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure that it is only AI.

I have some units with a collisionRadius of 100 which have normal sized collision bubbles/boxes.

Rocket

• BZ2 Fanatic
  • Never judge an enemy by the size of the radar blip
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 08:58:35 PM »
i'm sure that collisionRadius is how far a vehicle will go past the object in order for the distance to be considered safe, instead of trying to go past it bumping into it over and over again :P
-- Hidden Defenders Mod Leader
-- Lordtac's RV Contributor.
-- ARC Mod Contributor

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 11:01:38 PM »
Strange, I actually had it effect the collision bubble when I did it, or perhaps that is because I used sane values? I know setting it to 0 has some strange effects on the collision itself, which is why I say it is not AI only.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 08:29:05 AM »
Odd...

i thought it was just a pathing type thing, so a unit knew where it could & couldnt go.

dammit! lets lose collision spheres! Move on up to real-mesh collisions! :P!

Click Me!

Rocket

• BZ2 Fanatic
  • Never judge an enemy by the size of the radar blip
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 10:56:46 PM »
i thought it was just a pathing type thing, so a unit knew where it could & couldnt go.

Actually, thats what I said... Just different wording....
lets lose collision spheres! Move on up to real-mesh collisions! !

are real mesh collisions possible with vehicles?
-- Hidden Defenders Mod Leader
-- Lordtac's RV Contributor.
-- ARC Mod Contributor