Author Topic: [ DTLA PROJECT General information ]  (Read 6881 times)

KiNETiCA

• [ : : : T i M E L E S S : : : ]
    • View Profile
[ DTLA PROJECT General information ]
« on: January 26, 2009, 06:32:08 PM »
General information

1. Setting and what it is all about

DTLIA [working name] is set in the middle of FE events, where EDF left to the labyrynth system already,
The remaining EDF forces have hired independent corporation to run experiments with banned jumpdrive/portal technology, along with EDF-Research in their secret base on the Moon. [This is where You come in as a test pilot.] As most of EDF-R craft are prototype and NIAC has no expirience with biometal, it's only a matter of time when things go wrong... jumping both forces to an unknown planet, in the middle of a firefight between
NSDF Blackdogs and an alien race calling themselves the StaXX...

2. Why research some tech that got banned already?

While EDF Encountered Hadeans, they were suprised by their ability to dispatch craft quickly and ambush them,
later they discovered that Hadeans are using their own portal system to travel and deploy troops, so EDF-R was
ordered to develop similar system, that would give EDF an advantage over Hadeans [As seen on FE :P]

3.WTH? what? Blackdogs on some alien planet ?!?

During events of TRO [BZ1 Expansion] Blackdogs were sent to Ganymede to wipe out remaining forces of the Red Star, shortly after landing on Ganymede they encounter Chineese forces... which is a big suprise, especially because their craft is more advanced than anyone would expect... cloaking was something that gave them an unfair advantage... and while they thought it could'nt get any worse, they discovered that Chineese are using portals to travel, and have estabilished a stronghold at previously unknown planet of Elysium. Blackdogs went thru the portal to wipe them out, but not every one was able to come back... 53rd Recon Fleet was considered MIA, but they actually made it to the gate... it only locked on a different planet than Ganymede... it could'nt get any worse...

4.Why portal locked on a different planet, how is that possible ?

Portals and cloaking systems were developed from a Cthonian relic, called Phase-Shift device, which has been first discovered by Chineese forces, but they didn't have enough time to perfect this technology, yet it was rushed into production, still providing them with huge advantage. Many times Chineese cloaking devices shorted out on recon missions leaving their pilots hopeless, gates sometimes were unable to hold the lock on proper target delaying shipments... this is probably caused by interference from orginal Cthonian portals, trying to interface with eachother.

5.Will it run on my pc? do I need $700 Videocard ?

-NO! You don't need one, This mod should run on anything that's good enough for FE :)
I'm trying to keep polycount pretty low, and looks like I'm good with it, as most units of similar class/function have similar polycount to stock ships, mostly 300-500 and props are around 75-500 [depending on what it is, misc craft,building,hardware,etc]

OK that's it for now, I'll be expanding this section periodicaly.
-KiNETT iX
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 06:34:25 PM by KiNETiCA »

.:.RKA.:.SeanTheGreat

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: [ DTLA PROJECT General information ]
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 07:45:54 PM »
Nice, do you have MSN?

KiNETiCA

• [ : : : T i M E L E S S : : : ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 08:19:59 PM »
Nice, do you have MSN?
Um, no.. no msn/aim/any other im program :P
PM's and emails work best for me :)

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 08:45:05 PM »
Hmm could i test the mod when its ready? I test SRV and hidden enemys. If you know what a mantis is, Nielk1 can provide one for you.

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 08:47:19 PM »
I could also make maps too.

cheesepuffly

• BZ2 Fanatic
  • Cheese Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 11:43:15 PM »

5.Will it run on my pc? do I need $700 Videocard ?

Wait a sec, i just went and bought http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4373003&Sku=B52-0295 this thinking i needed it to play your mod! Gawsh im stupid.
Currently playing: Mass Effect 2
Currently waiting for: Patapon 3
Currently making: Chezoria Mod

I like big CHEESE AND I CANNOT LIE!

Don-Don-Chaka-Chaka

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 12:11:35 AM »
ROFL

VSMIT

• Factions
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Resident Mac Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 01:07:26 AM »
See, I wish I could afford that card.  Then I would have no problems playing any game.

VSMIT.

IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 12:12:50 PM »
Your storyline fits perfectly with FE and TRO without doing any "but I am changing this" things. Very interesting, wonderful, and I love your story!

I hope to see and hear more.

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Lizard

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 12:56:12 PM »

looking good, some of your screenshots seem a bit dark though.

Commando

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 12:58:36 PM »
If your processor isn't fast enough for the card, that card would do you no good and would also be a waste of a lot of money.
1.3 beta tester (honorary lead tester)
1.3 contributor
Dune Command beta tester
Dune Command contributor
Flesh Storm beta tester
Flesh Storm contributor
Author of the 1.3 Modlog

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 01:04:16 PM »
I am actually getting a GTX 295 and a new PSU when I get a job.