Author Topic: January Progress report.  (Read 15847 times)

Rocket

• BZ2 Fanatic
  • Never judge an enemy by the size of the radar blip
    • View Profile
Re: January Progress report.
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2009, 05:14:45 PM »
Blarrg I wont be on for awhile, sprained my wrist, landed on my head hard, and busted my lip while playing football.

isn't that what happend to sam widwiki on transformers?
-- Hidden Defenders Mod Leader
-- Lordtac's RV Contributor.
-- ARC Mod Contributor

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2009, 05:27:58 PM »
Personally, I'm trying to do races one by one, getting CORE assets done, once ALL races have the core assets done, then ill work on the moded versions of them. im messing with the shell and things here and there, but getting races working in IA is a good start.

always wrtie an SP campaign first though, if youre having one. that way you wont make more than you need.

The main advantage to having a detailed story that explains your races, what they're about, where they came from, etc. is that it almost makes doing SP missions mandatory! You end up with SO much material when you're done that will inspire you that you'll just jump right in and tear them up...  :)

I think this is the difference between a Mod with heart and a Mod that's just new toys to play with.  Both are good, but I consider the Mods that are just new toys as more of a Mutator or Expansion of the original, and therefore a little less interesting than a Mod that takes the time to draw you into a new race, or a new storyline to follow with the original characters.

So, new toys are fun but you really do need a reason they're there, something to do with them, and in the end you should feel like you've accomplished something. 

-Av-

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2009, 05:50:22 PM »
Oh well, I always don't start assets until I have a rather detailed storyline.

In the case of the aRc mod MP play is unknown atm so it is starting with story. (Still can't get the darn city to look right.)

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2009, 07:01:49 AM »
EPIC's cities look pretty good... i like the 'after nuclear war' kind of look to them. very nice

I agree with Avatar wholefully. Mods without any kind of storylines bore me quickly, i play with the new (and usually un-tuned) ships, blast the weapons off, play a couple of IA games and thats it... done.

My favourite mods have a lot of background to them, a real setting you can get into and a really good storyline. thats why FE, FS, QF BZC etc will remain in the hall of fame for best mods. Saying that, EPIC doesn't have an sp campaign i dont think... it certainly doesn't support MP from what ive heard, but that should be a good mod. Then again, its come from Slaor so what would you expect?

Click Me!

Lizard

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2009, 07:08:20 AM »
Epic will have a single player campaign,but there may be issues with getting multiplayer to work.