Author Topic: Multiplayer Servers  (Read 9203 times)

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
Re: Multiplayer Servers
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 03:22:15 PM »
You are starting to sound like the 1.2 vets over at BZU now. Please stop this. This is not the place for arguments, this is the place for modding and FRIENDLY discussion.

The same goes for all of you. No more BZ1/BZ2 arguments, and who-hosts-which-website-where-and-how-long-have-they-been-hosting-it-fors, either.

bigbadbogie

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 04:27:52 PM »
BZ1 would be my area , I don't tend to hang around long at sites that lock threads for no reasons like BZ Universe. You can find what you need at the http://bzfederation.com and heck I even have BZ2 mods there and no kiddie administrators to deal with.

Did I mention I will never threaten you to send me money or I will shut it down ?

No reason? They lock threads to keep flame wars from getting out of control. This is the only 'leash'.

I would not call him a kiddie admin either. He has endured hell from 1.2 patch supporters. He has actually been called at home and at his workplace and attacked over his support of the 1.3 patch.

He is still willing to keep BZU up and operational. He is a fucking hero if you ask me.

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 05:03:09 PM »
Launch, How would you deal with someone calling you at home for supporting BZ2 on your BZ1 site and harrassing you for it?

Same kindof thing happened to Cmptwhiz except in parrellel to the 1.2/1.3 split in the Bz2 community.

As for the money donations, I was the first person to donate, not because someone threatened me, because I care about BZ. I don't mind having a pot luck of the community to keep it going.

:)

*****General BlackDragon*****

ohioastromech

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 10:08:55 PM »
Sorry guys.
I didn't know that asking a question about servers was a hot button issue.
I will only post about BZ2 on this server from now on.

Scot

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 11:14:06 PM »
Sorry guys.
I didn't know that asking a question about servers was a hot button issue.
I will only post about BZ2 on this server from now on.

Scot

No hot button issue, just we don't like any negativity. Feel free to post about BZ1 here, but you will likely not get good answers since this is not a site that directly supports BZ1.

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 02:34:47 AM »
Some of us still play it occasionally, but we're all waiting for BZC. The best place to post would be BZ Universe

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 02:08:38 PM »
A litte FYI, Im 19, not a young kid or young modder. And avatars older i dare say. lizard was also. hardly young modders... in fact BZU has probably most of the older players/modellers. but meh who cares about what AGE you are? is BZ2's 'community' so called becoming full of ageists as well now???

This site ISNT for BZ1 mods, for BZ2, hence the sites name 'BZ2MD'.

'I am extremely wealthy, i dont rely on mom and pop anymore' Thats very nice for you, but not all of us are that lucky. Oh and i never relied on my mother or father for money, i worked my ass of for what ive got thankyou very much. Im pretty sure CmptrWz does too, and im pretty sure hes not about earning a little on the side for his site.

Besides, did you have threatening phonecalls to youre work number about a damn Battlezone II website? I think not. the fact that hes even bothering to stay in the community is a miracle, let alone maintain and keep up his sites. I think that Bzscrap (also belonging to him) is one of the most important BZ2 sites.

BZ2 has the same rules on BZU that BZ1 does. Gah!

Click Me!

Steeveeo

• Steeveeo's Recycler Variant Dev-Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 02:41:02 PM »
@TJ: Launch hasnt posted since the last page, I think its just about time to let the steam die off, one of the main reasons why I kept myself from telling him to STFU, because he already has, and will as long as we dont give him reason to start again.

Long story short, dont feed the trolls.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, will be back when I have internet.

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 02:45:02 PM »
fair 'nuf

Click Me!

Launchalot

• View Profile
    • BZ Federation
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2008, 01:35:54 PM »
Calm down kids all I said and will say again.

This is not a BZ1 site nor is the BZ Universe. There should not even be a BZI forum there IMO. I have never seen any persons name that posts regular there in a BZ1 game , other than Blackdragon a few times. You people are fond of linking to a BZII website when a BZI question is asked. That's like putting a Ford part on a Chevy. Most that run there pigyappers there have no idea what BZ is about just faint memories from 10 years back.

Long story short, dont feed the trolls.
Typical kiddie remark.

No hot button issue, just we don't like any negativity. Feel free to post about BZ1 here, but you will likely not get good answers since this is not a site that directly supports BZ1.
Negativity goes hand in hand with Creativity. Yet you continue to link to a website that is clueless about BZI and restricts comments.

Launch, How would you deal with someone calling you at home for supporting BZ2 on your BZ1 site and harrassing you for it?
Hmm let's see. You can't make money from it doing it legal so why would I give my phone number out to begin with? why would he ? that's what forums are made for silly. That goes hand in hand with the way he limits BZ1 users there and the bullcrap about his no BZ1 links admitted. You buy that then do I have some swamp land for you to buy.

Happy Holidays and remember to drink your milk.

.:.RKA.:.SeanTheGreat

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 01:48:15 PM »
DAMMIT! I forgot to drink my milk!!

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2008, 01:52:51 PM »
he didnt give out his phone number. thats whats even worse about it.

CmptrWz puts up a forum for BZ1 and all the BZ1 players do is bitch about it! we cant friggin win!

Click Me!

Fishbone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DuneCommand
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2008, 02:03:16 PM »
You people are fond of linking to a BZII website when a BZI question is asked.

So you are really just pissed that people link to the *wrong* website. And yours would be the *right* website.
Is that a good summation of your feelings, really?

Nielk1

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • The ISDF Man
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Complex
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2008, 02:16:10 PM »
CmptrWz DID NOT give out his phone number. He has been hunted down and harassed even on a work phone number he had only had for about 1 day before it started.

BZU is a great place for BZ1. The only issue is that SOMEONE complains to Wz's provider whenever a link to an updated BZ1 is posted, someone who has something in that BZ1 and refuses to let Wz link to it in any way. THAT is why there is censorship on BZU. FINALLY, BZU is free from the kiddy bickering that happens in the BZ1 world. BZ1 has DX vs Spock and you seem to just hate both of them!

Before you start with accusations you should know WTF you are talking about.

BZU is a BZ community site. It's owner is a victim of an incredible amount of bullshit, and yet BZU is still there and has even expanded. Life is difficult as some ass prevents important BZ1 assets from even being linked because they have convinced BZU's host that they have a legal standing to deny it.

The BZ1 players don't bitch about BZU's BZ1 forum, many don't even know about it as they like to stay in their little enclave for their little war. This is what is wrong with the BZ1 and 2 community. The BZ1 players are all high and mighty polarized on their specific sides, despising anywhere impartial, the BZ2 1.2 players for the most part HATE 1.3 so much they can't even stand it, and accuse the neutral ground of being biased and ONLY helping those who use 1.3

This is ridiculous, and sadly it is unlikely that anyone will change. I am tempted to split this topic off to the now general 'requests' area (or salvage) and lock it, but I won't as Fishy seems to be back for the moment.

EDIT: I really love waking up to this shit.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 02:19:01 PM by nielk1 »

Click on the image...
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Launchalot

• View Profile
    • BZ Federation
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2008, 02:20:57 PM »
Make no mistake I'm not pissed in the least. I am however flattered you seem to come out after your many leaves and respond quickly when I post. The *right* website would be one that knows BZ1 yes , be it mine or any other one that is out there. The *wrong* one is the BZ Universe and any others that pretend to know what there talking about when it comes to BZ1.

If you want to impress your friends here and talk like you know BZ , that's fine. I only have a problem when you link them to a BZII website that has no clue.