Author Topic: QF Mod released  (Read 32500 times)

cheesepuffly

• BZ2 Fanatic
  • Cheese Lover
    • View Profile
Re: QF Mod released
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 06:37:28 AM »
True but one thing is, your subconscious knows these missions, so really your not playing it like WTF am i doing, your playing through it straight.

Well i gotta get a fresh install cause im not loosing all my BZ2 mods to pb4a but when i do, IMA BE SO HAPPY!
Currently playing: Mass Effect 2
Currently waiting for: Patapon 3
Currently making: Chezoria Mod

I like big CHEESE AND I CANNOT LIE!

Don-Don-Chaka-Chaka

bigbadbogie

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 06:39:21 AM »
I thought the whole point of missions was to be challenging... for you to work out what to do next.

cheesepuffly

• BZ2 Fanatic
  • Cheese Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 06:42:03 AM »
Yeah but you still know what to do, try like um doing "other" things, cause me when i play, i like to make huge forces and bases, then start the murder'n

(see if you can get this on the front page)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 06:42:31 AM by cheesepuffly »
Currently playing: Mass Effect 2
Currently waiting for: Patapon 3
Currently making: Chezoria Mod

I like big CHEESE AND I CANNOT LIE!

Don-Don-Chaka-Chaka

Axeminister

• Guitars, games, movies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 07:42:04 AM »
Darn, I'm at work and now QF Mod is out. Arrrrrrgh. And what a day it's gonna be. Can't wait to get off work and try it.
He who does not advance himself, endlessly becomes himself.

Lizard

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 07:49:02 AM »
looks pretty neat BBB, nice work on the shell and stuff, I had a quick go on the first mission and it is a bit dark turning up the gamma a notch helped things a lot , are those custom models yours ? they're quite nice .

I got my arse kicked by those 3 sabres at the end of the mission, I took out 2 but the last one got me  ... lol

it might be nice to have a couple of supply pods knocking around somewhere.

the custom sniper rifle view seems a bit wierd/glitchy

overall it's looking pretty good, I'll give it a proper go when I get some time.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 07:50:07 AM by Lizard »

shane ward

• Home Sweet Home
    • View Profile
    • Shanes BZ2Maps&Mods
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 08:03:13 AM »
:D I got the map working under Xp. Very nice work.

Like everything people have been saying, a little too dark, But ajusting the gamma works just fine, Could not see the terrain.

I was a pratt on the first mission, I was trying to take out 3 tanks on my own. I did not know what those things where at the begining when I got out of the drop ship, I did not know they where turrets.... But once I took out 1 and a half tanks on my own and ran back to the tug to fight the other tank with my hands I relised the turrets began to fire. I just had to distract the tank from firing at the turrets. Nice and easy when you know how.

No crashing on the mission, Worked very well....

Mission 2 was very exciting too, was a little challange to sniper the transport and also, by the time I snipered it and got into the transport, I was left behind by the others. But I was too far behind and could not catch up... Mayby having the transports mappath travel in a unstright path might give time for the player to catch up. But after a few attampts I did it on time ;) once I got to the base I blew up the factory and snipered all the ships in my site... And took out the turrets..

Again, No crashing. Seemed lovely!

Mission 3 was also good. A 1 to 1 with the bases... Did take it's time and got me tyred... But I aimed for the recy and got rid of it. I must admit, I love the base work, and the player can adventure inside the bases too, I think there should be table and chairs or offices in the Tech center, or that building at the base. Would have made it more intresting hehe.

mission 4 loaded, but I was too tyred to play it at the moment. Let you know more later.....

Very nice work..... I was surprised... The terrain was good too, but I think more color and use of the textures would make it look better.. ;)

Shane
Shanes BZ2Maps&Mods WebSite

I want my old website back :'(

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 08:27:48 AM »
BBB why is it everytime i hop out of my ship the screen goes completely white??? i cant hijack that cargo ship!

plus it KILLS fps!

Click Me!

warfreak

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 08:36:57 AM »
Well, Boogie, congrads on the release but now........ IMMM'A GONNA BREAK'A YOUR MOD'A!!!!! >:D If i can break it with the way i play.  (Stress Test) ....

You have instant action right?

TheJamsh

• phpBB EPIC_core_team
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 09:48:40 AM »
no =[ i tried it...

Click Me!

Zero_Angel

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • http://specialops.kicks-ass.net
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 10:34:58 AM »
I just tested both missions with a fresh install of bz2 + pb4a patch.

No glitches at all.
I had a sneaking suspicion that it might be just me. Thanks!

warfreak

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 01:28:25 PM »
HOW DID YO USNIPE THAT THING!!! I have aimed rigth at the mark and it wont go out......... :(

shane ward

• Home Sweet Home
    • View Profile
    • Shanes BZ2Maps&Mods
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 01:30:34 PM »
HOW DID YO USNIPE THAT THING!!! I have aimed rigth at the mark and it wont go out......... :(

When you snipe you, the bullet is lazy and takes it's time to hit the target, so you have to aim slightly ahead of the target.... Takes practice....
Shanes BZ2Maps&Mods WebSite

I want my old website back :'(

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 01:43:59 PM »
nice.

Few things you can do in future. Make dust on all ships, isdf + scion :P

I can also make your health/ammo bars more accurate by seperating the background from the physical bar.

Also,

how did u do the sniper screen taking full screen ? I've never known how to control that...

*****General BlackDragon*****

warfreak

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 01:51:08 PM »
Just got to the 3rd mission..... So, Im assuming QF takes place durring the Hadean War.... Very nice touch.

These missions (and the QF in general) are nicely made Boogie. Great work and If you can, keep the missions comming (an expansion pack may be in order :D)

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 02:27:32 PM »
yea. same here.

PS: qbconvm3.inf is missing.

also, the bandit tank turns too fast imo, hoverassault tanks are too hard to drive when they turn too fast. Turret spin rate is good, just the ships turn speed :-/

You should make the service trucks drivable :) tugs too if they're not already.

Why is the hadean tank missing it's cockpit?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 02:45:10 PM by General BlackDragon »

*****General BlackDragon*****