Author Topic: Multiplayer Issues...  (Read 11396 times)

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer Issues...
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 09:11:43 AM »
I'm not sure yet...  I haven't gotten to the MP DLL's, I'm using the Instant Action mode to hash out any issues DLL-wise with what's needed for basic gameplay.

For MPI and Strategy I definately want some options, such as jetpacks and respawning scrap fields, and will eventually need 'classic' vs 'expanded' gameplay options which I believe I'll handle via an alternate Recy choice.

RL is crushing me but I'm still working towards getting a beta out to the 1.3 private group as soon as possible.  Once the assets are in hand it should be easier for everyone to see what's done/needed and that will allow anyone who wants to contribute to do so.

-Av-

spiritplumber

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 09:14:24 AM »
If you want to use my DLLs for multi, go for it -- the undeploy code is already there, as long as some stuff you may find useful. Hope it helps.

roadkill

• BZ2 Fanatic
  • Bam, said the lady.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 02:25:59 PM »
my mp project is finished, but i cant get it onto the web, since my computer that i do mods on doesnt work online. one of the modes is a "capture the flag" sort of thing, like the first mars mission in BZ1, except for a few things, mainly the fact that there are two relics, or flags, that each team builds their base around. each team can move thier own flag as well as enemy flags, thus mixing stuff up for both sides. i also did a few new races, and new worlds, plus a cunter-srtike like setup where each team has a set task, and whoever completes their task wins.
Recently finished: Borderlands 2: Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage!
Now playing: Mine<yaaaaaawn>craft
Next up: Sleep... someday... pickpickpickpickpickpick...

Most likely to bitch about: Osama, Obama, and yo mama.

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 01:54:41 PM »
Wow. You have got to upload that load, RK.

VSMIT

• Factions
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Resident Mac Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 02:34:57 PM »
OI!  Check dates before you post!  RK hasn't been on in a while, and you replied to a post that's coming up on a year old!

VSMIT.

IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 03:34:48 PM »
*embarrased*

Sorry again...

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 10:13:11 PM »
Heh. It's okay :)

How about some updated MP issues?

1: Lives - Still waiting to test first implimentation of that

2: Physics Testing - New Demo will be out as soon as Lives and a few other small ends are fixed up. Please test and give feedback, and find other BZ1'ers to test :)

3: Maps - Need more maps...Converted from BZ1...mmmm.... Also, note, BZC's Editor will have a button replacing MP that is a brief tutorial on how to make maps for BZC. :) so new maps can be made fairly easily.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Axeminister

• Guitars, games, movies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 07:50:42 AM »
Ask Natty Bumppo about maps. He just made a few maps for Batlezone 1, maybe he'll convert them for you.
He who does not advance himself, endlessly becomes himself.

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008, 08:42:44 AM »
Just out of interest (and completely unrelated to this topic), will BZC use updated versions of the BZ1 models, or just converted XSIs? To be fair, a graphic update wouldn't go far amiss, though the extra time needed may cause trouble.

warfreak

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 08:45:08 AM »
Battlezone Classic (as mentioned so many times before) is using completely custom models that ARE alike to the original bz1 .geo's. (Made by hand by Avatar)

And as far as i have seen, the textures do look better in BZC than in BZ1.... but thats jsut me. :-D

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 08:55:40 AM »
Avatar hand recreated the BZ1 models.

Maybe in extended campaign we can see some high poly versions :P

Ded10c

• Loremaster, Archivist
  • Global Moderator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Battlezone Wiki
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 08:56:44 AM »
Hmm, cool. I was just thinking, given the Razors that I've seen kicking around...

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 11:25:49 AM »
Freak_o_nature, one of my fellow BZ1 modders, started the whole thing by having someone he worked with model the Czar in their 3D package.  He's in the special effects field, and was part of the team that did the Balrog in LOTR...  btw... so the first recreated Czar was modeled on a $20,000 Silicon Graphics Workstation...

Anyway that got me going on it even though all I had was a $800 Pentium 120...  :)    I had several of the NSDF units pretty much done while we were still playing BZ1, long before BZ2 was even a glint in anyone's eye.  (In fact, at that time we'd all have bet heavily that there'd never be a BZ2...)

And yes, I have a very high poly Grizzly I've been playing with over the years, pushing 2000polys compared with the BZ1 500 or so.  I've never really felt that higher poly was better, and to me part of the charm is the simple look of the tanks.  It doesn't hurt that this and some decent LOD models help you have hundreds of the little guys running around fighting on the screen at one time, either...  :evil:

-Av-

« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 11:26:19 AM by Avatar »

VSMIT

• Factions
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Resident Mac Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 11:34:51 AM »
Dangit Av, now I want to see the high-poly Grizzly.  Will it be anything like that high-poly Grendel that was posted here a while back?

VSMIT.

IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

General BlackDragon

• Administrator
  • BZ2 Fanatic
  • Nu Ani Anquietas
    • View Profile
    • ZEMod Forum
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 11:47:25 AM »
Ooo does it look like the Grizzly's in the TRO INtro? THose'd be awsome.