Author Topic: Uncle Avatar's Storytime  (Read 31721 times)

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Uncle Avatar's Storytime
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2005, 07:02:30 PM »
The recurring cycle is more than hinted at...  we follow in the footsteps, quite literally, of the Cthonians all through the missions.  By finding pieces of their technology our own experience with biometal is sped up considerably, as we don't have to actually invent any of the weapons or ships on our own.  We find biometal, then bits of technology like the Walker technology on Venus, then an actual piece of a Fury.  We're just lucky we don't share their final fate here at home, although even at the end we repeat what happened before and blow up a planet(oid) to destroy the Furies.

Then, the final movie shows a biometal? asteroid headed for Earth, while the narrator goes on about history going full circle, and how the next people that find a biometal asteroid might be destroyed...

Paint?  Paint?  Hmmm...  pity the poor grunt who had to paint the Cerberus...  :)

-Av-

Ace 0f Spades

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2005, 09:16:57 AM »
@ the last part: lol.

@ the rest: The asteroid isn't headed for Earth. It goes right past it. And I guess I was too young when I last beat the game to really listen to what he said and understand it. (I was like, 10-11).

P.S. Will your mod include the Red Brigade?
System Specs:
-AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @ 3.7GHz
-ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB 128-bit
-4GB (2x2GB) of DDR3 1333 RAM

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2005, 09:43:56 AM »
The "Red Brigade"?  There's a "Red Wolf" mission pack, and I seem to remember some maps that had a CCA version of the Black Dogs.  Were they the Red Brigade?  I thought about including something along those lines but there's really no need for them in the missions I have planned.  I guess I'll leave them up to other modders...

And that end movie is fuzzy enough to make the final course of the meteor unclear, so like a lot of things in BZ it was intentionally left up to us to wonder about it...  I used it in a BZ1 map called "MWrecker", in wich some Furies convert the whole thing into a giant Daywrecker...

-Av-

Ace 0f Spades

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2005, 09:49:13 AM »
Which BZ were you playing? Mine in the main menu says the following: Stars and Stripes, The Red Brigade, Combat Training, and Saved Games.

The Red Brigade is the Soviet campaign. You know, the one where you are fighting the Black Dogs, and get to drive and command Furies in the last mission.
Stars and Stripes is the NSDF campaign.
System Specs:

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2005, 03:05:12 PM »
Sorry, I didn't have enough blood in my coffeestream when I read that message.  The "Red Wolf" mission pack was the first thing my poor tired brain cells locked in on...  :)

Someone did come up with a Soviet counterpart to the Black Dogs back in my BZ1 days.  I can't remember the details, though I do have a dual-cannoned Czar I made for Dx...  maybe it was him.

-Av-

dark nova

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2005, 04:57:46 PM »
so are we going to get to play the cca missions? personaly i liked them better
Darkness engulfs those without Hope
however only those strong enough to have Hope in Light will have it in Darkness

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2005, 05:39:47 PM »
Yes, I'm doing the CCA missions also.  Funny, the CCA missions are relatively easy compared with the NSDF ones, at least as far as the scripting goes.   They were only more 'advanced' because they jumped you right into a full tech tree.  Once you'd been through the NSDF campaign the CCA ones didn't seem all that hard to me...

-Av-

Ace 0f Spades

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2005, 05:41:08 PM »
I beat the CCA ones first, then the NSDF one.
System Specs:

dark nova

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2005, 08:32:58 PM »
same, i thought that the nsdf ones were MUCH harder. the cca ones we easy enough you could beat in a day if you tried hard enough though

Ace 0f Spades

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2005, 08:39:19 PM »
I beat them in the space of 4 hours. I tear trough video games really fast. The NSDF missions took me 6 days.
System Specs:

dark nova

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2005, 09:01:38 PM »
yeah it takes longer, once i beat the cca missions i just played the last mission over and over again
wich bringes me to another point, av, is there still going to be instant that we can play nsdf and cca on and the ancients

• BZ2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2005, 07:06:58 AM »
That depends on just how far I get with AIP files...

So far they're something of a mystery to me. 

Then again maybe Natty will craft me up a totally wicked batch of evil AIP's...   :)

-Av-

Ace 0f Spades

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2005, 03:05:07 PM »
T4ht w00ld b3 t3h schw37.
System Specs:

Rocket

• BZ2 Fanatic
  • Never judge an enemy by the size of the radar blip
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2006, 04:10:50 PM »
so how far are you -AV- in makin ur mod? i can hardly wait, i always wanted somthin cooler den what was in bz1 then i got bz2 but i still liked bz1 lol but it was bad graphics, everything was so hard to enjoy, you can just sit there and play a whole mission and not understand what happend lol, until the briefing comes up! cause your consintrating on gettin the mission done and you dont understand what happend! in bz1 lol, but im sure that ill be re-playing bz1 in bz2 over and over gain, i hope it goes well with ya ;)

p.s. I REALLY liked ur story -AV- cool!

i can hardly wait. Right on! :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 04:13:33 PM by Rocket »
-- Hidden Defenders Mod Leader
-- Lordtac's RV Contributor.
-- ARC Mod Contributor

Tommy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2006, 04:35:18 PM »
You really need to learn how to type.. lol. How come didn't you understand Bz1?

It makes sence, if you had a (dozen) bottle(s) of beer next to you every time you played. :)

Av do you still know if you're going to make those TRO missions? Perhaps after you release the NSDF & CCA ones. Then make an expansion for the mod which would include TRO missions. And again, sorry if this has been covered in another thread, I haven't found out yet.